All reviews huge tv room was clean san francisco close to the airport front office free shuttle no frills sfo airport coffee maker fridge and microwave convenient location shuttle service bart downtown convenience highway travelodge
Reviewed 28 July 2008

Was told phone in room did not work at the room given upon check-in, but apart from that - vent did not work in the bathroom, hairdryer was missing, bathroom was disgusting and room was smelly. Internet connection is nonexistent. Do not believe the ad when they say it was recently re-modelled, the property alone from the outside will give you a bad impression already.

Totally unprofessional desk clerk who has absolutely no manners and the manager on duty did not do anything about it despite both managers hearing how rude he was. Manager did not fix the problem despite knowing of the room condition either. He sent a maintenance person who did not speak a word of English and was unable to fix anything. Clerk was used as a babysitter by the manager. Manager finally apologizes upon checkout the next morning and told me that the desk clerk would be fired. Given this is a small family run business ,not sure why he uses his desk clerk as a babysitter either instead of him just doing his job.

Date of stay: June 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Espresso_ON
Reviewed 11 March 2008

We recently spent a week at the Howard Johnson in San Francisco. We made several changes to our reservation during the week and the hotel staff were very accommodating. The hotel has convenient shuttle service running at regular intervals throughout the day, so it is easy to get to and from the airport. This allowed us to access the BART station at the airport so we could get downtown easily.
The rooms had recently been renovated so they were clean and bright with mostly new furniture.
The hotel serves a light continental breakfast & there were several restaurants within walking distance, which is nice when you do not have a car.
The value for the dollar was excellent.

Date of stay: February 2008
1  Thank Mfarm
Reviewed 13 November 2007

My dad booked the hotel (it was an inn, actually) 2-3 weeks in advance, instead of me looking for a hotel to stay. Its close proximity to where my family would be attending a gathering prompted him to choose that. It was a huge mistake!!
It was advertised that check in is 14:00, room wasn't ready when we arrived at 14:10, and was told by this guy from the front desk(his name is Arthur) "check in is not until 3PM, and it is only 2:10 PM. You have to be patient, unless you want to use the rooms that hadn't been cleaned." What a remark! He even said, "I am not arguing with you!" Who is arguing with him? His manager is just beside him, refusing to acknowledge that there is a problem.
He gave us the keys afterwards, thinking the rooms have been cleaned, to our astonishment, both rooms are still dirty. We have to call the domestics ourselves to clean the room since we are running late (my family drove 7 hours, and I flew to avoid the long drive). The domestic lady even asked me if I want the bed sheets to be changed. My God, we just checked in, so we do expect to have clean sheets, do we? After the room has been cleaned, I found out that the toilet flush isn't working, I reported it to Arthur, and guess what? No action was done. I ended up informing the domestic lady wo informed the maintenance herself who fixed it.
I have never stayed in a place where so much uncorteousness (if there is a word for it) and rudeness prevail. Having stayed in hotels in London, Philippines, Hong Kong, Las Vegas, Vancouver (Canada), Barcelona, Amsterdam, Florida, Rome, New York to name a few, I have never, ever experienced someone from the hotel industry speaking the way Arthur did. If an idea of an inn is staying at Howard Johnson, I will definitely not do it.
Oh, for a consolation, they do offer free shuttle ride to and from the airport. But still, it is a definitely a place from hell.

Date of stay: November 2007
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank franz71
HotelHosts_Melissa, Corporate Office-Hotel Hosts at Hotel V, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2008

We sincerely apologize for any confusion regarding the check in time at the property, and any discourtesy the guest experienced. The employee mentioned is no longer with the company.

We strive for the best in clean. comfortable accommodations and friendly service. Please be advised that any room a guest books with us will be cleaned thoroughly.

Reviewed 6 November 2007

Never before have I stayed in such a seedy place. Arrived late at night hence the reason for staying so close to the aiport and immediately fely uneasy. Like most hotels in the States this is more like a motel with all doors on the outside and spread out in a block. Got to room and it felt dirty. Did not get any sleep all night as there was constant commotion outside my bedroom door from the guests in the room next door. I think I saw about 6 different people come and go into one room and very expensive looking cars would turn up and disappear just as quickly throughout my stay.

No Internet access either and made to feel like an nuisance/incovenience by staff.
Stayed one night and checked out as soon as I could. Do not stay here if you are a female lone traveller. Only use it as a last resort if you are travelling with somebody else. I'm sure there are better places near the airport - you just have to plan ahead. Unfortunately for me this was not an option.

Date of stay: October 2007
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 21 October 2007

Nevery stay in the hotel.The hotel is very unsafe.Rooms are unclean and quite smelly. Beds are bad. Was charged for two nights though I stayed only one night. Property manager refused to credit the extra charge and I had to go to my credit card company to get it resolved. On the whole,terrible experience

Date of stay: October 2007