“Great lounge ”

Virgin Atlantic Lounge SFO
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

This is one of the best I've been in as virgin normally share and they haven't got one in Manchester so it makes a good change. The burger as other people state is a must try.

Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

Decent lounge. The welcoming was a bit messy, as the reception itself. Kitchen closed as it was late, so no food offer. Coktails average, staff a bit too familiar, shower not clean and ameneties poor. Up to the American standards, poor if you've ever travelled in Asia or Europe...

Reviewed 27 June 2017

I've been to most of the lounges in SFO and I think for sheer comfort, service, and selection, the VA Clubhouse is the best. They have a nice made-to-order food menu and the food is actually good, full bar, comfortable seats with good configurations for both groups and single travelers. It's large enough to find a quiet spot and the service is good and attentive.

The biggest drawback with this lounge that it's before security. Which means that you can't fully relax. They do everything they can to make that a smooth experience - they will chaperone you down to security, get you into the priority line (or TSA-Pre), but at that point you're on your own. My experience going through was pretty breezy, but you just don't have the same level of comfort when you know you still have to deal with the unpredictability of security after the lounge - that's the reason I give it 4 stars.

Reviewed 26 June 2017

The Virgin Atlantic Clubhouse at SFO is hands down the best departure lounge there is at SFO. I've been many times -- it's never too crowded, the staff are extremely personable and attentive, and the ambiance is relaxing. I would arrive at the airport several hours early just to enjoy time here.

Food is stellar -- its a menu with a choice of appetizers, entrees, deserts, and snacks. There's something for everyone (and their burger, strangely enough, might be one of the best in the Bay Area). Great wine list and cocktail menu, too.

Special shoutout to Princess, one of the hosts. If she's serving you, you're in EXCELLENT hands (although their entire staff are superb). Robert does a great job managing this place!

Reviewed 20 June 2017

This is a nice lounge with good food (although we only had tea and pastries) but as others have noted being located outside of the TSA is a negative since you never know how long it will take to get through TSA to board. I find that the international terminal at SFO usually doesn't have huge backups at security (especially in the pre-check lines) as opposed to LAX which is horrendous (once had a 1 1/2 hour backup) so isn't too big an issue unless you get stopped for further screening (only happened to me once when my baggage kept testing positive for explosives so they had to call for an explosives expert from another terminal. That expert basically took a look at me, asked me about nitroglycerin or other meds, then let me free. Very few Asian American women of a certain age blow up planes! I also pointed out to the security at Kenya's airport that as far as I know no one has hijacked a lane with cuticle snippers but she just glared at me and asked me if I wanted to board the plane or not so I surrendered it into a huge plexiglass container the contents of which I'm sure were in the markets the next day).