“Food was good, service was fine, cashier was not nice.”
Review of JoAnn's Cafe

JoAnn's Cafe
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 23 May 2017

We ate there about a month ago and have been there before. We came and there was not a wait in line and was able to get a seat in a very small space. We were eating breakfast, finished and the male waiter brought the bill and said take your time. My daughters and I were having a discussion. The cashier who was a waitress as well came over and said people are waiting to be seated you will need to leave. We got up and asked by daughters to go to the car and then told this lady what you just did was beyond rude especially since our waiter said take your time. She responded to me that there were people waiting (she is correct) and I was nice when I told you need to leave. Left a really bad feeling for me but I have enjoyed their breakfasts over the year but I am not so impressed any longer.

Reviewed 25 March 2017 via mobile

My twenty-something son who is living in South San Francisco for a few months said we "had to" have breakfast at JoAnn's Cafe that is up the hill from the restaurant. I'm visiting with my other son who is a high school senior. He got the pancakes & sausage (hearty meal) and I chose the Gaucho.

We are going back home tomorrow and won't have a chance to have a 2nd meal at JoAnn's on this trip, but I want to. This is a well-run, locally owned diner. Wait staff was friendly and efficient while the place was busy, but not packed, late morning on a Friday (about 10:45 when we arrived).

The Gaucho is a flour tortilla with meat, mushrooms and veggies over a bed of black beans and covered in salsa. fresh, quick and together with the good coffee that JoAnn serves, it was a hearty, healthy breakfast.

Local gem.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

Decent food. It's way too much, you can share with your partner. But it's employee owned and they do a pretty good breakfast for the price. I go back again and again.

Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

Have not visited Joann's cafe yet. I called there today to inquire about availability of toddler seats. The woman who took the call seemed hurried and unaccommodating. I still had another follow up question and she hung up on me. I called there again to get her name and told "Isabella" that that is not the way to treat customers, whether in person or on the phone.

Reviewed 22 September 2016 via mobile

The food was good. I really enjoyed my meal. It had options to opt for a particular breakfast dish. Orange juice was perfect.