“Authentic Pinoy food”

Cuisines: Philippine
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

Glad to have had an opportunity to eat Pinoy food after years of missing it, and in the company of people I love. The crispy pata and boneless bangus were my absolute favorites. I am allergic to milk so I could not have halo-halo but it really looked delicious. I certainly will done here again when I next get back to San Francisco.

Reviewed 7 December 2017

For a Good-bye lunch, my long-time friends suggested we celebrate at Fort McKinley Restaurant. We had not seen one another in person in 18 years, so we reconnected while having a delicious lunch of Filipino dishes. In buffet style presentation, one pays per person. Dessert is included.

1  Thank Lena K
Reviewed 20 November 2017

Many Filipino restaurants are really good holes in the wall that may not appeal to the first timer looking for some credibility.
Fort McKinley is one good place to sample good food with nice atmosphere - that is if you can ignore the incessant chatter of large groups. It does get noisy.
Regardless, the Saturday lunch Salu-salo has a selection of nice dishes that won't scare the stranger away. And it is very well priced.
The rest of the menu are standards and some with contemporary adaptations.
In addition to the very boisterous crowd - and the sound do not bounce off the walls - the only other downslide is that bathrooms needed some tending after a busy lunch hour.
After this first try, a novice to Filipino food might venture out to the holes in the walls in which there are many and almost equally as good.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

If you can get past the part about how this building was a former mortuary, then you're in luck for an interesting time. Many Filipino Americans that have visited Fort McKinley have given rave reviews on the atmosphere, food and service. However, the first time I stepped foot in this place, I had a weird feeling. I couldn't get past it, so I asked a staff member who told me the history of the building. I also got a tour and of rooms where the morgue used to be. Some people might get creeped out, but if you can get past the history, then you can easily step foot into a modern and exciting atmosphere with tasty Filipino cuisine. I definitely recommend their kare kare and homemade bagoong. It reminds me of Isla's own kare kare. Parking can be a hassle around here, especially when spots have time limits. If you can find street parking, then go for it.

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

This was our first time to eat here and we were not disappointed. The variety and quality of the food was very good especially the grilled liempo, nilagang baka, gatang sitaw at kalabasa, and their desserts. There is ample parking for a big venue.