“A Quick Bite Early Start”
Review of Denny's

Denny's
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 21 September 2016

After dropping off my brother at SFO, I drove back on Freeway 101 toward San Francisco. However, it was past 7:30 am and I didn't have anything in my stomach.

Took Airport blvd off ramp and made a left on Airport Blvd and drove toward Denny's Restaurant. There was plenty of parking as I turned right to its parking lot. It was easy to ID Denny's. The window has its Value Menu of $2, $4, $6, $ 8.

I went and the place is typical of all suburb layout of Denny's restaurant through out California. The left would be window of booths and counter seats. Restroom is always on the left side of the restaurant. As one turn to the right, its the open horse shoe layout with booths all around the windows.

The host directed me to a booth for two. I scanned the menu. It has all the typical All-american menu; breakfast, pancakes, cheese sandwiches, burgers, fries, and beverages. There is also a menu for the seniors, 55 and older.

I had water and order French Toast, two eggs, two sausages and two bacons. It was enough to start the early morning day! It was finished in a flash. The bill was reasonable. However upon further review , I should have opened this dish from the
Value Menu instead. It would have been two dollars cheaper! Weill, next time then!

Do try the Value Menu and see one can not only save but taste good.

Reviewed 20 September 2016

I give it an average rating because the food was great. Our visit to this particular Denny's was disappointing otherwise. The service was slow, and we had to ask for things, such as flatware and syrup several times before it was delivered. When we asked for the syrup (not enough in container on table) our request was met with a blank look and we were told they didn't have containers. It took us pointing to the syrup container and stating we needed another one. There was a table with 3 kids, 2 of which literally ran through the restaurant like it was a playground and played with toys in the middle of the aisle as if they were alone in the restaurant while the parents ignored them and no staff member from the restaurant said anything. Our waitress did not bring our bill in a timely manner. Had to go to the register to ask for it. I doubt we will ever return.

Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

I went to Denny's in Serramonte on September 15, 2016. I ordered breakfast The American Slam with English muffins and coffee and orange juice. I also ordered the New Tator tots which were delicious. James who greeted me at the door, sitted me, and was also My Waiter. James provided me with excellent service, checked with me several times to see if everything was okay. My food was delicious and it was the best breakfast I had in a long time. I would go back to Denny's if James took care of me again. Thank you James!!!!

1  Thank Linda N
Reviewed 16 September 2016

A very basic down to earth simple style of restaurant. No frills to speak of, a good selection and varying styles of food from the simple burger to full blown meals.

Nice friendly staff that were very attentive but not intrusive. Very fair prices for what we got and the staff were able to adjust menu items acccording to our requirements.

1  Thank Anil K
Reviewed 6 August 2016

I have been to this Denny's many times and the greatest thing they do, is cook the eggs just the way you want them. Especially the over easy style. Their skillet breakfasts' and the salads are excellent too. The coffee is good.
Their service is excellent.

1  Thank Anita A