“"Favorito" is my Favorite!”
Review of Emporio Rulli

Emporio Rulli
Reviewed 12 August 2016

Flying from the East Coast to Hawaii on United, I can connect in various places....and even though Houston is the shortest route & only one stop in my case....I choose the longer flight with two stops & connect in SFO...so I can have dinner @ SFO airport....LOL! There are many great eateries at the airport, but my all time favorite is Emporio Rulli....which makes THE BEST paninis ever! If you like roasted eggplants, then this is the place for you! Their "Favorito" Panini is bursting with flavor, oozing with molten mozzarella and has just the right size and texture. Wrapped in parchment paper & cut into two halfs...it is the perfect take-out for your flight ahead (and smells so good when opened that once I could have sold it to someone on the plane for $50!). The ladies at the counter are super sweet and the manager is AWESOME! I was there last week and witnessed a young lady needing her layover voucher applied to a previous purchase...the manager was there in no time, was super friendly and handled the transaction quickly, professionally and very gracefully (compared to the two female jerks over at Boudin that blew the very same young lady off)! I also love their beet & goat cheese salad & their wonderful dressing. Never expected that kind of quality of kiosk food....but after reading up on Emporio Rulli I'm not surprised....just sad that it took me so long to find them! I hope my "Favorito" will be yours soon too! :)

Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

Great coffee place with variety of sweets, paninis ,ice cream and coffee. Located in Terminal A side . Staff is great, fast and provide service with smile. A lot of people just go there for good service

Reviewed 10 May 2016

Sometimes it's the food that makes a place. Sometimes it's the staff. In the case of this Emporio Rulli incarnation, it's the staffers.

Did enjoy the panini. The Caesar salad was barely mediocre, though graced with a fair amount of chicken.

But the smiles of the staffer made the difference.

Reviewed 27 March 2016

As a frequent traveler from SFO airport, you need a spot. This is mine. What is awesome is there are 3 Emporio Rullis at the SFO airport including one at the arrival area.

I usually grab a Starbucks nearby or the Emporio expensive cappuccino. Along with it I'll get a salad, panini, sandwich or one of the yogurts. I've even splurged on fruit and desserts here. It depends what your stomach needs to sustain you through domestic flights (as there is NEVER any good food onboard). However, if I'm traveling on an international flight NOT-on United, I end up picking up a croissant only.

From the selection of salads, I recommend the beet salad. Or the cheese and grape platter.

From the sandwiches, I recommend tuna or cheese. You can't go wrong. In all my years of flying and eating here, I've never had a stomach problem. The boxed up food is never stale (I have an overtly sensitive belly :P).

Reviewed 25 March 2016 via mobile

Had a quick layover in the Frisco airport and wanted an amazing chocolate croissant! From the glass case they look amazing, but they didn't say croissant they said brioshe, so sure, I'll get it. It is bread, bleughhhh no crunch, texture, just mushy bread with some chocolate on the bottom...who cares about this. Service was unfriendly, but fast.

Coffee wasn't bad

Keep walking, find somewhere else to go