All reviews houlihan's restaurant san francisco stayed at the holiday inn short stay airport shuttle king room near airport one night stay definitely stay here again early flight free shuttle ihop airline bay
Reviewed 22 December 2017

Visited the property for a short overnight stay before heading home for Christmas. The check-in team exceeded expectations in efficiency and courtesy. This hotel uses a virtual assistant (Ivy) which you can text questions and receive immediate replies to your queries. (For example, "what are the airport shuttle pick-up times?")
Room was clean and spacious.
The TV did not swivel which made working at the desk while having a sporting event to watch impossible.
Restaurant service was excellent though the food was pretty average.
Very good experience overall!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HolidayInnIntlArpt, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2017

Hello 141brianu,

Thank you for your positive review.
We are so pleased to hear that our staff exceeded your expectation.
Thank you for your complement regarding our virtual assistant.
We are glad that you enjoyed your clean and spacious guest room.
Your comments regarding our made from scratch Houlihan's Restaurant have been shared with the management team.

Reviewed 15 December 2017

Stayed here since it was the only available option within rate my company will pay. Give me a decent location, clean bed, good shower, and I'm good to go but this place needs to work on a few things.

It starts at the airport when you try to get their shuttle. Turns out there are THREE different shuttles for Holiday Inn, and you damn well better make sure you get the right one. Two of them say Airport North (the area this is located in when you see it on the map) and two of the shuttles are labeled with that. Ok, so the hotel doesn't own the shuttle, I get that, but for Pete's sake, it took me 3 tries and about 20-30 minutes until the one I needed showed up. First impression - not good.

Desk staff were efficient and helpful.

Elevator - horrid. Slow, interior is beat up, scratched, dented, etc. and the thing feels rickety. Score so far, 2 out of 3, not impressed.

At first glance, room is nice. Updated carpet, drapes, etc. Bed was comfy, good pillows, TV worked well. Enough hangers, in room iron & board, lighting was ok, not great, but liveable. Plenty of power outlets.

WiFi absolutely SUCKED and this made it really hard to work from the room. Sure, I could have asked to be moved but I was only there a short time and didn't need the hassle to pack up and relocate so I used my own WiFi hotspot on Verizon.

The shower controls are ancient and Hot and Cold were reversed. The little plunger to change flow from tub faucet to shower head was really hard to push in. Once I figured out the reversed controls the shower was plenty hot and had good flow. Plunger stayed pushed in so starting the shower at 5am made a huge BRRAAAAAPP noise which I am certain my neighbors appreciated. I heard the same noise from another room so I am guessing the fixtures are all the same vintage. Bathroom sink water NEVER got hot enough. Bathroom score = C minus.

Thermostat is awful. There is no "auto" setting so you have 2 choices, on or off. When in the on position you can control the fan to low, med, high, and change temp, but without the auto setting I could never get it right, either too hot or too cold.

Lobby restaurant is the only game in town. Nothing really walk-able except McD's and Dunkin Donuts. Watch the bartenders like a hawk. Both nights my bill was wrong and I had to get them to fix it. Guy next to me had the same problem.

Definitely would not come back unless no other choice was available.

Room Tip: Ask desk staff to put you in an area where WiFi is not a problem
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
HolidayInnIntlArpt, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

Hello seacoastNH,

Thank you for your candid review.
We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectations.
We appreciate your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve.
Thank you again for taking the time to write your review,

Reviewed 1 December 2017

This is an average hotel. There are so many more in SF that you could stay at for the same price or value. The front desk messed my bill up. I talked to them twice about it and it was not fixed. I don't know why it was so complicated to split the bill between two people. The rooms are old. The bathroom smelled like the air vent was burning. The walls were scratched etc. Room service did not come 2/3 days I stayed. I had to go ask the front desk to send them. Upon checkout day I asked for a late arrival which was accommodated at 1pm. However, two different housekeeping people knocked ( at 12 pm) TWICE asking me what time I was leaving. Terrible communication between the front desk and housekeeping. The remote in the room would take like 5-10 seconds to change the channel. (Very annoying) The location is great if you need something by the hotel. It is a five minute drive. That was the only plus. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
HolidayInnIntlArpt, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2017

Hello Jennifer R,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
We apologize that your recent stay did not meet expectation.
We appreciate all your comments and will share these with our team so that we can continue to improve.
Perhaps when you return to the area you could give us another chance to provide a better experience.

Reviewed 1 December 2017

Holiday Inn SFO is in a great location when traveling from the San Francisco Airport. Close to long-term parking and/or off-site parking lots.

Room was surprisingly pleasant and quiet.

Food in Houlihan's Pub was okay when in a pinch.

Staff was friendly and helpful.

Overall a good value.

Will stay again when the need arises.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Hello cwcharacters,

Thank you for your positive review.
We appreciate all you kind words regarding our staff, quiet rooms, value and location.
We apologize that our made from scratch Houlihan's Restaurant did not exceed expectation.
We look forward to your return in the near future.
Thank you again for sharing all your thoughts.

Reviewed 23 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights with my family since it is affordable and with breakfast included. The breafast is nothing fancy but somehow they have different varietes unlike the nearby crowne and hyatt that doesn't have breakfast along with the room. Room was clean which is important, good lighting in the bathroom.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
HolidayInnIntlArpt, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

Hello Kimitalye,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
We are glad that you found our hotel affordable and clean.
We truly appreciate your kind recommendation.