“Awesome oasis outside SFO”

Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl Airport
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 17 March 2015

Excellent place to unwind from traveling when arriving in SFO. Great business hotel the restaurant bar Houligans is a great place to sit and have a drink. The hotel staff is very professional and they want to assure your stay is a pleasent one.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank rermiami

Reviewed 14 March 2015

I arrived on friday afternoon during Valentine's Day weekend. I usually stay at higher end brand hotels, but this trip was last minute. I decided to try the Holiday Inn, which was close to the airport and freeway. My first experience was horrible. The room seemed to be nice, but looks can be deceiving. First, the bedspreads were shredded and torn on the top portion of the bed. Second, the bed skirts were flithy. Third, when I looked under the bed I found trash from previous guests. I saw the maid and tried to communicate with her, but that was a waste of time. She didn't speak or understand English. I went into the bathroom and I couldn't believe it. Does anyone in the hospitality business care about the decor and conditions of their rooms? Guests pay good money for a nice and clean room. The management obviously hasn't been inspecting the rooms for cleanliness and proper repairs. Rust, fixtures with sloppy painting all over them, caulking compund was applied sloppy in the bathtub to cover up the rusting and the tiles on the floor had caulking, instead of the proper materials. The bathroom looked like a bad DIY job. Very unprofessional and laziness. I expected more from a popular hotel chain and because this location is near the San Francisco Airport, where several travelers stay for conferences, conventions, sports events and vacation. I will never stay at any of the Holiday Inn family of hotels again. I joined the IHG Rewards, so I could earn points as well as experience their hotels. The front desk staff upon my arrival date were great. The reminder of my stay wasn't as friendly. I only showered and slept in my room, because I couldn't relax. I hope the management reads this review and improves the room conditions. I paid $300 for two nights and the standards of the room, should have been better than a "cheap motel". The bar lounge and free parking were the best part of this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Esther M
HolidayInnIntlArpt, Manager at Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2015

Hello Esther M,

Thank you for taking your time to write your review.
We sincerely apologize that your stay at our hotel did not meet expectations. Your feedback and concerns have been shared with all appropriate departments. We appreciate your comments so that we can strive to improve.
Thank you again.

Reviewed 12 March 2015

Great location minutes from SFO and seconds from the 101 freeway. Easy free parking. San Bruno and South San Fran BART stations are a few minutes drive.
It's an older hotel but the rooms and beds are very nice. Front desk staff are really friendly; I was too early for check in so I went into the restaurant to grab lunch and the front desk clerk came and found me and greeted me by name when my room was ready. Now that's great customer service. The bar / restaurant is convenient and has a typical menu (the salad was amazing BTW). The free WiFi was reasonably good.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Terry H
Reviewed 7 March 2015

I stayed in this hotel overnight in a trip to San Francisco. The great advantage of the hotel is its close proximity to the SFO airport. It is very economical for a overnight stay and a decent place to stay. The hotel room is neat and clean. Room has the basic amenities like refrigerator and microwave oven. The stay was good there.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Pratiman
Reviewed 4 March 2015

This hotel had consistent,y given me pleasure when I stay there between flights. Not only is the staff headed up by Earnest a dedicated manager, unbelievably attentive to make your stay extremely comfortable. Anything that you wish , from instructions, to recommendations and he will supply you with a turn key result walking through it with you to make sure you are getting the best of attention.. I was there before my trip to Bombay on the 7th of February 2015. I actually look forward to staying there. For the price, for the attentiveness of the staff, and overall comfort.

Room Tip: Just tell Earnest what you want from a quiet night where would the best room be to meet your expect...