“Trial Run”
Review of Thai Orginal BBQ

Thai Orginal BBQ
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Located off a crossroads in a small strip business section, this restaurant competes with 12 of 15 businesses that are restaurants.
Nothing special about decor. Fish tanks.
Very extensive menu. Lots of choices.
Appetizers, curry, seafood, chicken, BBQ, salad, etc.
My seafood fish improvements. Change calamari - chewy. Shrimp - tough. Spicing good, portion good.
Prices for lunch under $9.00. Menu most under $14.00. Reasonable.

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 22 August 2017

This has the most horrific barbecue that I had tasted in my entire life. One bite on the meat of the pork rib, I just had to put that thing down and not touch it again. And I was very hungry at that time coming home from a trip - straight from the airport. My favorite fast food has already closed and this place was still open so I and my family took the chance. My, what a big mistake. The barbecue was more of pulled pork but boiled until all the taste has gone into the water. Wailing kids around you didn't help the situation. Miserable place - just plain miserable. One star for okay service.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

This is our very place when we go to South SF. We always order S1 - chicken barbeque with fried rice and shrimp. My kids love the dish.

Service is great. Been coming back ever since 2010.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 3 October 2012 via mobile

I tried the Tom Ka Kai soup and chicken fried rice. The chicken in both dishes tasted old and dirty. The fried rice has zero flavor, other than the burnt taste. The soup was very salty and needed to be sweetened. However, the staff was so friendly I would be willing to give this place another try! But I will not be ordering those dishes again.

Reviewed 27 April 2012

I always have fried banana before my meal. The portion of the salmon teriyaki with shrimp fried rice is huge, and I know I won't finish it. Therefore, dessert first is a MUST for me. So far, this is the BEST fried banana at any Thai restaurant I've been to! YUM!