“really good chice at SFO AP”

Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I spent there 2 nights and I enjoyed it..
Close to the AP but quite quiet. Free parking and AP shuttle.
Free wifi and above average BF (free).
Rooms are recently renovated, well equipted. The hotel staff is extreamly friendly. Next time I go to SFO I will stay here again.

Stayed: September 2017

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It wasn't bad for a quick overnight stay. Close to SFO and has a convenient shuttle. It was a good option for having to spend an unexpected night in San Fran. All in all, isn't a bad option. Would stay again if needed.

Room Tip: See if a large room is available
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Guest, Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently, and for taking the time to leave your review. We were delighted to be your hosts, and we are very happy that you enjoyed a great stay at our hotel. We would love to have the pleasure of hosting you again in the very near future, and are delighted to hear that you would stay with us again. We can't wait to welcome you back!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I agree with a previous review that this manager is greedy and awful. He is rude and yells at his customers.

I was trying to plan a nice trip to San Francisco with my young cousin and couldn't even go due to the money lost due to this manager.

A few weeks ago I accidentally booked a non refundable room on this hotels' website. When initially booking the price displayed looked like the total price for the cost of 4 separate nights. The booking page did not display the grand total*, so thinking that it would be on the next page I continued. Imagine my horror when there I saw that the total was 4 times the price I had thought! I immediately called to rectify this and met with a rude lady who pretty much said she didn't care and that she wouldn't do anything. Called again to the customer support line who was much nicer, but said we had to wait till Monday for a manager. Corporate was nice and wanted to help but said ultimately it was up to the hotel.

Each time we called the assistant manager, he was completely rude on the phone saying that he would not give us any sort of refund. The last time it was the mother of my cousin who phoned and he full out yelled at her over the phone, accusing her of being a liar, asking her if we would still be in San Francisco (which if we had been, would have been no business of his), and reducing her to tears.

We have tried getting a hold of the general manager for this hotel but so far he has been unattainable.

*looking back I found that the total was displayed in a small side panel which you had to click to open a pop up window displaying the price. I find this a very poor layout of the webpage.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Excellent location if you want to travel to places in San Francisco and beyond. The holiday inn express is very close to the freeway. So, you can hop on very quickly and don't go through much street traffic which can waste 30 min. Just watch out for rush hours (7 am -9 am and 5 pm to 7 pm) which can slow down to a crawl.

The rooms are clean and comfortable. Internet is quick. There is a small refrigerator as usual to hold drinks and other perishables.

Very nice friendly staff. Affordable prices, but please book in advance. Sometimes, there are a lot of conventions which can cause the rates to go up quite quickly!

Room Tip: Book early for best rates.
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback, we are very happy to hear that our hotel, and our location in particular, were appropriate for your needs. Many of our guests, like you, find our proximity to the freeway to be very convenient indeed. It sounds as if our hotel was ideal for your needs in every way, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

I am a Spire Elite member with IHG and have been to this hotel numerous times in the past. What transpired is unacceptable and the manager should be fired!!!

My mother-in-law had a stroke, I missed my trip out to SFO, I called them on the day I was supposed to be there. I asked that the charge be waived due to circumstances beyond my control. They wouldn't budge saying the hotel "policy" is you must cancel by 6 pm the night before. I told them that would be great if she had a stroke then, not today. The GM said he would call me back in a few hours since I was on my way back to the hospital. He never did.

I called him back 24 hours later. He said, and I quote "I haven't decided what I want to do yet." Seriously? Is he waiting for a certain date to pass so he gets credits from corporate? He said he would call me back on Friday. It came and went. I called corporate on Saturday.

Corporate was amazing, they said they got ahold of him and he would refund half of my charge, and they would send me a check for the other half. A few days went by and corporate's check came and I deposited it. The Holiday Inn Express did NOT refund anything, but charged me a second time for the stay!!!

Back to corporate, and talking to the Assistant Manager. I was ready to file theft and credit card fraud charges on them for billing me again. The Assistant manager finally made good.

Absolutely the worse GM in a hospitality organization. We never know when something will go wrong, but it would be nice to know that there are humans out there. Here there are not.

If the property wants to challenge me on this review, fine. I have deep pockets and time. It is about ethics.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Realtravelingthomas
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Thank you, Thomas for leaving us such a detailed review. We are very sorry to hear of your mother-in-law's stroke, and we hope that she is recovering well. We apologize sincerely for the delay and confusion surrounding your refund - this should, of course, have been processed immediately once it had been sanctioned. We are thoroughly investigating why this was not done - there seems to have been a genuine error made when you were charged again rather than being refunded. We will ensure that our procedures and protocols are updated to ensure that such an issue does not arise again. We appreciate your feedback, and we hope that you will consider staying with us again when you are next in town.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
0.3 km away
Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl Airport
Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl...
#14 of 28 in South San Francisco
0.1 km away
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
1.6 km away
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco
1.3 km away
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airpor...
#2 of 28 in South San Francisco
1.2 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco  Airport North
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francis...
#15 of 28 in South San Francisco
6.8 km away
Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport South

Been to Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK