All reviews san francisco free breakfast free shuttle yogurt an early flight rental car room was large united airlines business center parking fee coffee maker shuttle service bed was very comfortable one night stay airport sfo fly
Reviewed 11 March 2015

Stayed here just a couple of days ago. Was on a trip with the girls for 2 nights! When we checked in the desk staff was very helpful. She let us know that if we were heading to Golden Gate Bridge we were headed for the afternoon/evening traffic. She also took the time to help us, and printed out specific directions to places she said we needed to see. the beds in the room were super comfortable and very clean. The amenites in the room included tv, microwave, coffee maker, safe, hair dryer and iron. The evening staff was also very nice and helpful. We ate breakfast here every morning, the selection was grear and included hot food. I would definately recommend this place. We may possibly stay again for another trip to San Fransisco. What also made this place convient was that it was very close to airport. So my friends were able to shuttle in and back out to the airport with ease.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends
HEXS_Management, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to San Francisco. We hope that you will choose us again when you return.

Regards,
Raj L.

Reviewed 7 March 2015

Stayed here in February 2015, great breakfast, shuttle to and from airport, and great bedding. Only down side was type of tea bags supplied...herbal?? We wanted good old Lypton. Male on desk had never heard of the BART train....told us the timetables should be in the hotel 's info rack...not there! Bit pathetic...BUT great roomy hotel.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 March 2015

My flight was cancelled and I was sent here to stay the night. I was in a bad mood and looking to find fault in everything. The Van from the airport was 30 minutes late but finally got us to the hotel in a few minutes drive. The clerk was very attentive and had us on to our rooms quickly. The foyer was very tastefully decorated and the hall ways were clean and well lit. My room was new with everything in its place. Nothing fancy but just what you would expect from an airport hotel. Nice bed and pillows. Good TV and quick WiFi. The bathroom was standard size and very clean with good towels. In summary it fit perfectly for an overnight stay needing to be at the airport at an ungodly early time.

Room Tip: I would estimate any room would be good.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2015

Had the chance to experience the Holiday Inn Express on a misconnect flight with United. United was able to put me up for the night... the hotel shuttle was super easy to grab from the SFO Airport and was a short 10-minute drive to the hotel.

The Front Desk Agent was friendly, though it was obvious she could have had help from her colleague which thought taking a break now was more important. Once checked in the room offered was clean and comfortable. Had all the usual amenities, great water pressure and tons of hot water.

The breakfast the next morning was a pleasant surprise with eggs, bacon, turkey sausage and the usual continental spread. Coffee was good as were the juices.

If on a quick overnight I would be happy to return to the Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: Shuttle runs every 30 minutes from the hotel on the 9's... approx. 10 min from the hotel to the SFO Airport.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank GayWhistler
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2015

Dear GayWhistler,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. I am glad you found our room accommodations and location, breakfast selections and staff service commendable. Comments such as yours only fuel us more, to keep working towards providing a excellent service to our guests. We hope that you get the opportunity to visit us again so that we can serve you once more. Thank you again for writing this review and for liking everything at our hotel.

Dianne L
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 17 February 2015

It was really nice, after a 12- hour flight, to be warmly greeted. It was a true “I feel special” greeting. My room (Nr. 303) was large, clean and well- appointed, including a fridge, microwave, safe, coffee / tea maker, and iron and ironing board. There was adequate drawer and closet space for a fairly large luggage load. The hotel lobby is clean and modern, and you do get an upbeat feeling.
Breakfast is included in the room rate (“free!”) and features fruit, cereal, juices, ready- made omelets, bacon, turkey sausage, yoghurt, fresh-baked cinnamon buns and a few other things I didn’t note. Pretty good for a complimentary buffet, in other words.
It is very near SFO, and my first thought while walking in amidst the din of a departing jumbo jet was that I was not going to be able to ignore the noise. But a pleasant surprise it was that I noticed it in the room but it was not disturbing – the soundproofing works well. Rooms with even numbers will be facing north and therefore a bit quieter. The hotel offers easy access to 101 to go into downtown as well.
That said, the neighborhood will not win any awards. The view from the room is industry, fast food, gas stations and mid- level hotels. It’s not as attractive as the south SFO hotel area – but then again, that area is hardly fancy either.
If you want to satisfy your hunger with a quick bite, there is a McDonald’s right next door. But practically unknown to most SFO travelers, South San Francisco’s Grand Ave is a little less than one mile away, with its many undiscovered small restaurants – Thai, Japanese, Italian, American diner, you name it. You could even walk there if you had no rental car. So the location is very convenient for a stopover or a quick business trip.

Room Tip: Odd rooms face the south and get both sun and a bit more airport noise.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business