“It's worth the budget!”

Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North
Reviewed 4 December 2014

The hotel is very near the airport and they provide shuttle to and from SFO International. The hotel staff are courteous and very accommodating. A typical self-served breakfast at the lobby cafeteria provides variety of choices...and I love the pancakes! Laundry is not a problem because they have two machines available. For budget conscious traveler who would like to do business and pleasure near the airport area....this hotel will fit right into your budget!

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled on business
HEXS_Management, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us such a nice review. Our staff appreciates it. We thank you for your business and hope to see you return in the future.

Regards,

Raj L.

Reviewed 2 December 2014 via mobile

We passed through here on a one night layover to our final destination of Honolulu. Fran the day desk manager and I believe the night manager that night (24 Nov 2014) Martin were amazing! Both were very friendly and so helpful! Fran gave us all the requested information and was very polite:-) and Martin went above and beyond by running up standard toiletry items late at night when we realized we had packed them in our checkin baggage that were checked all the way to Honolulu (we didn't realize this until we got off the plane in San Fran). The morning staff was just as friendly and the free breakfast was nice. Our room was great and everything worked. We also received the government rate with no hassles or incorrect charges. Thank you for the pleasant stay! Would recommend to all passing through!

Stayed: December 2014
Reviewed 17 November 2014

This is purely our experience & what we went through with this particular hotel.
Management refused to change our booking after we incorrectly chose the wrong Holiday Inn Express from the web site which was very confusing. Even though we picked up "OUR" mistake within minutes after payment was processed we experienced red tape as soon as we spoke to an customer service representative. Working my way up to management we were getting the run around & pretty much were told the booking is non transferable & fixed to those dates and to that hotel. Countless emails & phone calls were to no avoid & in the end I was promised three nights complimentary voucher to stay at any Holiday Inn Express & then when we went to collect out voucher typically nobody knew anything about them even though I have in writing from management the vouchers would be at the front desk. This then was followed up & explained to me was only one night & had to be at the airport. Pfft !! So add liars to the list..(I have email confirmation ) Our trip was tainted and we lost over US$600 due to a click of a button. YES its my fault but to have an inflexible Hotel Chain has really soured my experience & we will never stay at any Holiday Inn again.. This has now extended through to our corporate travel. Thanks for nothing guys.

Room Tip: Tip, go elsewhere..
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tony P
Reviewed 12 November 2014

We stayed here for our trip to visit San Francisco and napa. We were pleasantly surprised with the rate compared to staying downtown with parking downtown 50/60 dollars a night. I would suggest renting a car if you're staying here though it's about 20 minutes from all of the sightseeing. We decided to stay a second night here instead of staying in napa. While checking in Sunday, Fran was bombarded with a cancelled international flight and a line out the door of people checking in. Each customer was greeted by her smile and friendly disposition while we watched her go non stop for an hour checking customers in back to back with no help and very irritated passengers who just had their flight cancelled on a Sunday night. Fran is a class act and an asset to this hotel! We will definitely stay here again for our next visit.

• Stayed: November 2014
Reviewed 6 November 2014

Now that my credit card reversal has been completed by AmEx, I feel able to describe my experience with this hotel. I booked a same day reservation at a very nice rate, received my confirmation letter and went on with my day. When I arrived at the hotel to check in, the front desk associate (who was incredibly rude), told me that I did have a reservation, however it would be ~$150 more than what I had reserved. Upon showing the confirmation letter that I received, they said it was an error on the booking system's part THAT I WOULD HAVE TO PAY FOR.

Finally, after getting the front desk girl to call her manager (as there was no manager there that day, conveniently), she said that they would be able to cancel my reservation for no charge (the same reservation that they arbitrarily chose an incredibly high rate for - one that I did not reserve). So, with them not willing to honor the actual reservation I made, I took what I could get, a cancellation.

Check my credit card statement the next Monday, and I have a whopping $300 charge on my credit card. I called in to speak to their guest services manager, and when I finally got a hold of him, he was just awful to deal with. Admitted that the mistake was not my fault, but would not accept blame or offer to refund my money.. A number of further calls proved fruitless. Fortunately, AmEx has much better customer service than this particular Holiday Inn, and completed a chargeback.

If customer service is something you value as a traveler, I would suggest staying elsewhere.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jim S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2014

Dear Jim S,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to San Francisco.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
0.3 km away
Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl Airport
Holiday Inn San Francisco - Intl...
#14 of 28 in South San Francisco
0.1 km away
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
1.6 km away
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco
1.3 km away
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airpor...
#2 of 28 in South San Francisco
1.2 km away
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francisco  Airport North
Comfort Inn & Suites San Francis...
#16 of 28 in South San Francisco
6.8 km away
Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport South

Been to Holiday Inn Express San Francisco Airport-North? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK