“Most authentic Filipino I've had in US”

Boracay Garden and Grill
Cuisines: Philippine
Reviewed 28 October 2017

I officially miss San Fran because compared to Denver, there is SO many choices for Filipino! I am so so glad I tried this place because it's hands down the best Filipino food I've had in the US, and tastes 100% authentic. It's clear the owners are cooking from their own family recipes.

There were only Filipinos when we came in, which is a great sign. I found Filipino food here that simply can't be found in Denver.

The green mango shake and Sago't Guluman were wonderful drinks, and they had some of the best lumpia I've ever had. The black rice seafood dish was so flavorful, and packed with fresh seafood. The soft shell crab rich, succulent, and worth the money.

We came kind of late, but they were still more than accommodating. Just wish I could had tried more of the food! Stop in for some of the best Filipino food in San Fran.

Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

On our way to the SF airport, we stopped here for dinner. My parents (who were born in the Philippines) loved it. My kids who are only half Filipino found dishes familiar to them. The kids loved the Bistek Tagalog! The place was clean, and the Golden State Warriors game was on. We'll be back when we're in the neighborhood! BTW, they serve brown rice.

1  Thank Christine R
Reviewed 7 May 2017

It was my first time back in the Bay Area in 16 years, and my aunt took us to Boracay Grill for our welcome dinner. The food did not disappoint. Everything was great - the Crispy Pata, Kare Kare and Sinigang na Salmon were all great. The meal hit the spot for us. And the service was fantastic! No wonder my aunt is a regular!

Reviewed 7 February 2017

This restaurant is a real Filipino restaurant. The food tastes authentically Pinoy from the Kare kare to the Crispy Pata to the Sisig up to the Sago at Gulaman. There are a lot more dishes offered. Place is clean and spacious enough. Staff are Filams that can speak both in Tagalog and English.

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

Sinigang and bangus is the best. Great and friendly staff, it was busy and waited for few minutes and the food was worth the wait.