“Great Filipino Food in the Bay Area”

Boracay Garden and Grill
Cuisines: Philippine
Reviewed 7 May 2017

It was my first time back in the Bay Area in 16 years, and my aunt took us to Boracay Grill for our welcome dinner. The food did not disappoint. Everything was great - the Crispy Pata, Kare Kare and Sinigang na Salmon were all great. The meal hit the spot for us. And the service was fantastic! No wonder my aunt is a regular!

Reviewed 7 February 2017

This restaurant is a real Filipino restaurant. The food tastes authentically Pinoy from the Kare kare to the Crispy Pata to the Sisig up to the Sago at Gulaman. There are a lot more dishes offered. Place is clean and spacious enough. Staff are Filams that can speak both in Tagalog and English.

Reviewed 25 September 2016 via mobile

Sinigang and bangus is the best. Great and friendly staff, it was busy and waited for few minutes and the food was worth the wait.

Reviewed 5 August 2016

JUST A LITTLE DISAPPOINTED LAST NIGHT WHEN I ORDERED PANSIT MIKI/BIHON AND THE OWNER (THE GUY) HIMSELF TOOK OUR ORDERS. I even specifically mentioned to him NO mushrooms, pls! (there are resto who cooks and adds up m/r on it, that's why I made it sure not to include mushrooms) Our pansit arrived WITH mushrooms and the owner even insisted that I said WITH, but how would I order something I can't eat? witnessed by my company of friends that I clearly said "NO m/r, pls!" that cause of losing my appetite, but anyways, I didn't even hear any apologies or something that will make me feel better until we left the place. I've known this guy/owner (but I forgot his name and his wife who also assisting other customers) since they built a business in sf downtown area but was a big turn-off, of what had happened last night.

1  Thank nserraon
Reviewed 13 February 2016

Place is small so if you have a big group, make a reservation. It is clean and waitresses are friendly and attentive. I particularly like the black rice which is steamed rice cooked with squid ink and the green mango shake! For something different, try the Kare-Kare, ox tail stew cooked in peanut sauce with assorted Asian vegetables.

1  Thank Beth S