All reviews full kitchen healthy start breakfast front desk san francisco suite hotel bagels small kitchen separate bedroom free parking close to the airport union square the sofa bed laundry facilities the breakfast area hard boiled eggs other hotels business center
Reviewed 28 October 2017

I really wish I had taken pictures when I was here, but I didn't think about it. Regardless, I would say that the pictures are true to where I stayed. We had a full kitchen with a stove, full size fridge, full size microwave, dishwasher, pots, pans, sink, silverware, and plenty of counter space.

The room also had a good sized desk, bed, comfy chair with ottoman, closet, and flat screen TV.

We chose this because it was a lot cheaper to stay in South San Fran rather than the city itself, and I'm glad we did. It was only about a 15 minute drive to San Fran proper, and less than 10 minutes away from the airport. The area is surrounded by a bunch of IT office buildings and other hotels, making it a pretty low key, relaxing place to stay. Less than five minutes is the ocean, a mall, and a little downtown with lots of places to eat. A less than 10 minute drive will give you even more eating options.

Breakfast was not gourmet, but I was perfectly satisfied. We had bagels, frozen burritos, frozen breakfast sandwiches, yogurt, milk, juices, coffee, cereal, fruit, and tea. The lobby also always had fresh coffee, water with fruit in it, and apples available.

The vending was nicely updated and took credit cards, and the hotel offers free laundry for it's guests. There is wifi, and also computers to use so you can print out your flight information.

I think all of these made it a great stay, but what really set it apart were the people. Never have I been treated so well by a hotel staff before. The ladies at the front counter were more than accommodating and helpful, and offered maps, directions, food recommendations, rental car recommendations, and information about their airport shuttle service. They were genuinely kind and happy to help people.

I don't anticipate going to San Fran again any time soon, but I think anyone who travels there will be more than comfortable at this hotel. Why get a hotel with just a room when you can get a room with a kitchenette with a nice staff?

Very happy with my stay here :)

Room Tip: First floor has everything you need on it
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Yes, it's a bit old and could do with some renewal, but it's perfectly acceptable and great value.

The best bit is the free shuttles, running quite frequently, to both Union Square and the Airport.

Service was friendly and helpful, so this is well worth a thought

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2017

We stayed one night recently and found it to be an excellent value. The front desk was helpful and professional, the room was clean with modern appointments, the bed was very comfortable and the kitchenette, which we didn't use, had a full-size refrigerator. I did use the freezer. Plus there was a large work table which served us nicely for depositing all our miscellaneous stuff.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Geoff H
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

Although the decor is dated the hotel rooms are clean & spacious. Breakfast was ok too for a continental style..cereals..bagels..yoghurts..fruit. Gym pretty basic. Complementary laundry & a free shuttle service into san fran union sq!!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

I booked two rooms through a third party which the front desk employees clearly did not like. There was some confusion about the date that the second party was to arrive. They did accommodate us but the attitude was unbelievably horrible! The rooms are filthy and smell like fabreeze! We showed up for breakfast at 9:30 to find no food left. When we asked the front desk if they were going to replenish, it turned into an argument! So much for customer service. Most of the staff needs some training in customer service or should simply be replaced! They act as if they are doing you a favor for allowing you to stay in their overpriced run down hotel! Do yourself a favor and pick a different hotel! This just touches on how bad our experience was!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family