All reviews cross country flight lobby bar easy shuttle hotel gym hour layover guest laundry an overnight stay rental car shuttle service rooms are large between flights san francisco fitness room stayed here for one night flight home free shuttle the holiday inn
Reviewed 30 November 2017

There are many hotels in this area, most are more expensive. The hotel has easy access from highway and airport, with plenty of parking. Still I was surprised to find parking was to be added to the room charge, where (some) of the other airport hotels had a no charge parking policy. This needs to be reviewed when comparing room rates. The hotel looks barely upgraded, with some new rugs installed in the hall area. The lobby are is typical for this type of hotel, small but with room for about 12, where as the restaurant bar are will hold as many people at the bar. The rooms were comfortable, but a little drabby. The windows opened up which might be nice, but some bus traffic and highway only leads to more noise when opened, even if for some "fresh air". The TV had plenty of channels, the internet was fast for wireless. Overall I would stay again at this hotel, but for an overnight stay just looking for a cheap way to stay overnight for the flight, while being comfortable. No idea if there was a shuttle charge from hotel to airport, but it came by on schedule. Ihop across the busy intersection was a plus, if you want food and they seemed open 24 hours.

Room tip: The loft rooms seem nice, but bathrooms are upstairs with beds, so you must climb stairs. There is no common courtyard to "run around"
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Rhodora E, General Manager at Four Points By Sheraton San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Dear JohnV39,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are glad that you find our location convenient to SFO. Regarding the parking, we do get a lot of park and fly bookings with lengthy parking stays similar to the park and fly at the airport and we are within the price range with our neighboring branded hotels, i hope this does not deter you from staying with us. Our shuttle is complimentary and runs every 30 minutes beginning 4:05am to 12:05am. I hope you find this information helpful and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

When it comes to Starwood hotels, a certain standard is expected, and this Four Points property is a let down in this regard. I've stayed here several times due to work, and it seems to me that Starwood has long forgotten this hotel.

The staff, generally, look bored and as if they just rolled out of bed. The lobby is dreary. And the rooms need a bit of sprucing up. I understand that this is a more basic type of hotel, without all of the bells and whistles. But even Starwood's basic properties need to maintain the usual standard of welcoming staff and clean lines.

In all fairness, the rooms have always been clean and met my basic needs - sleep, shower and get dressed. I haven't had anything drastically wrong with them. But they need some love and refreshing. The ladies at the front desk just go through the motions - no enthusiasm, although they usually acknowledge my SPG status and offer an amenity.
The hotel bar is an after-thought, with very mediocre, cafeteria-style food, although the lady working there has always been friendly and accommodating.

There is NOTHING is the surrounding area, unless you want IHOP or Popeye's, and it's very seedy as well. This isn't the hotel's fault, but something to keep in mind if you stay here. The dreary rooms and dreary views don't add up to much of anything memorable.

There is an airport shuttle, which runs on an odd schedule (it's not a Four Points van, but a common-use van for several hotels). There is a handy shuttle schedule located at the front desk.

This is the most basic of hotels. It's also the cheapest Starwood option in the area (often coming in at $85 or $90/night). I'd rather have it be a bit more expensive with a bit more to offer inside. I'll stick the Aloft down the street, for an extra $30 or $40/night.

• Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Michael_SD,

Thank you for your feedback and for your honesty. I wish we could have provided you more than just a clean room but also with a warm happy greeting each time you came across our front desk staff, i want to apologize for falling short in making this a positive stay for you. Please know that we are scheduled for a refresher in 2018 to improve the hotel product. We are also working hard on making sure that each employee understands and follows our grooming standards and making sure that all our guest feels valued and welcome. Again, thank you for taking the time to write this review. We hope you'll give us another opportunity to make it up to you.

Reviewed 19 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed here on the eve of our flight home from vacation. It’s close to the airport and we stopped first, unloaded our bags, took our rental car back and hopped on the shuttle back to the hotel. In the morning the shuttle took us to our gate and I’m on the flight writing this. I’d say this was a decent “utility” hotel. There was a safe in the room, a coffee maker, great bed and pillows and it served it’s purpose. A guy in the elevators in the morning told me that the Holiday Inn, across the street, has a restaurant call Hooligans and he said that it was excellent. We Uber’d to Bertolucci’s restaurant in the area and it was a traditional Italian restaurant and was fine.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Rhodora E, General Manager at Four Points By Sheraton San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

Dear TomSMuskegon_MI,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and found the convenience of the hotel location to SFO useful. If your travel brings you back to our neighborhood we hope you'll come back and stay again.

Happy Holidays,

Reviewed 19 November 2017

This hotel could be much better, needs some major TLC. A colleague and I stayed here in September for a conference, I checked in and was given a room where the AC was busted, I complained and it still was not fixed (88 Deg in the bloody room). I then went down and complained the next afternoon and finally was transferred to a new room. By that time I had a night left and then check out the next morning, needless to say I was happy to be leaving. This hotel could have been great, but they need to fix it ASAP. Not worth the 360USD I payed a night.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Samuel B,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are very sorry for placing you in a room without a working HVAC. We understand how uncomfortable it was for you and know how frustrating it was that we could not fix it. We are working diligently with our maintenance and housekeeping team to ensure that all broken HVAC's are reported and fixed immediately. We hope you'll give us another opportunity to welcome you back and make it right. Again, thank you for your honest review.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

I get that it's a 3-star hotel. Even so, it was pretty average. The decor was dated and worn out. Check-in was efficient, but staff not particularly friendly. Wi-fi access terrible! Took forever just to get logged in and, when I called to see if there were any special instructions, no one answered at the front desk. Plenty of parking, which is nice. Great location right down the road from the airport. Even though by the airport and a major highway (US 101), surprisingly quiet. Overall, though, for the price, there are better options around.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Rhodora E, General Manager at Four Points By Sheraton San Francisco Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2017

Dear JWK1969,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We will share your feedback with the our staff so we can continue to improve service for our guests. We acknowledged the need to upgrade and remodel the hotel which we will do in 2018. We hope you'll give us another chance to welcome you back. Thank you for choosing to stay with us.