“Delicious dim sum”

Grand Palace Seafood Restaurant
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 15 February 2018

Grand Palace was the first restaurant where I ate lunch with my American colleagues from work. It was also my first dim sum experience ever. I was a bit confused at the beginning and certainly I was not sure if the food would taste good while reading the menu card but the food was awesome. I truly enjoyed it even considering I didn't know how to use chopsticks. This is a large place, ideal for big events or parties what increased my confusion during the first visit. Since then, I visited this place many times and every visit was a tasty, culinary experience. Everything looks great and tastes great. Prices are reasonable and service is courteous (in its own Chinese way). The menu selection is huge - they have everything, including desserts (which is not so obvious in Chinese cuisine). If you like dim sum, you will love this place.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Have not been here for Dim Sum in quite some time!!! Had over 40 containers of Dim Sum and bill came to 120 only!! Good food and now good prices!!

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Our family group of 7 met here on Thanksgiving Saturday. We were seated in an alcove near another very loud large group so it was occasionally hard to communicate; however this is our only negative comment about this superior venue for traditional and authentic Chinese cuisine. One of our group has fluent Cantonese language and so ordered the small dim sum dishes for our group; however a non-Chinese speaker could easily identify choices among the scores offered by studying the clearly labeled picture brochure with English subtitles and numbers. We sampled over a dozen dishes, all beautifully prepared and delicious. Turnip cake, BBQ filled steamed buns, sausage sticky rice in tea leaves, various steamed rice dough wrapped meats, chicken feet, tofu in sugar syrup are just some of the goodies. After we got started, wait-persons brought out additional dishes which we could accept or wave off. To handle this, it would be helpful to have studied the picture menu in advance and have an idea of what your group would most like to try -- it would be easy to get too much! Of course we drank lots of hot green tea to accompany our food. Overall we judge the Grand Palace to be a wonderful choice for an excellent dim sum experience for everyone.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

I was invited for dinner with a group of people. This restaurant offers many selections of banquet dinner and has the space to host a lot of guests for events like weddings.

The quality of food is good but the price for banquets is quite high.

The restaurant also offer dim sum for lunch.

Reviewed 21 September 2017 via mobile

After a long day I wanted an easy takeaway. There were several options on Grand Avenue but Grand Palace looked bright and inviting. It was only when inside I realised that it is huge; and it was mostly full of Asians enjoying dinner. I felt I was insulting the venue by asking for a takeaway.
However the service was impressive and friendly. 20 minutes later I emerged with a feast. The food was excellent.
Next time I'll eat in and enjoy the full experience.