All reviews usb ports modern design beautiful waterfront small restaurant bar great shower bath amenities oyster point oysters full service hotel bay view rain shower the entire hotel business traveler nice property hotel restaurant one night stay stayed nights
Reviewed 23 December 2017 via mobile

Close to airport. Clean and comfortable. Food options scarce for dinner and not very tasty. Breakfast options were better. The hotel is in a business park area and close to highway. Will take over 45mins to an hour to get to Golden Gate from this location. Ideal for business travelers.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Ashley C, General Manager at AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2017

kramerbeth,

Thank you for sharing your experience at our beautiful, new AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront.

Please know, we are working on enhancing our evening food offerings and should be introducing a new menu at the beginning of 2018.

As you noted, our hotel is perfect for not only all business travelers but our leisure guests have found the location perfect for a weekend getaway.

We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in the Bay Area.

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

This week the rates were super low. I paid a little over $100/night. Typically, this property charges well over $300/night. I liked everything except the lack of a closet and the shower door would not stayed closed. High end feel and still getting Marriott points! Cool bar area - very nice staff

Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Bad945,

As you can imagine, being the newest hotel in South San Francisco in over 16 years, the AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront is already extremely popular with travelers. Our guests are very surprised to see how low our rates are given the luxury surroundings we provide.

I hope you got to meet "Karl" at the bar while you were with us. "Karl" makes an appearance every night at 5:30 and our guests absolutely love it.

We hope to host you again the next time you are in the Bay Area.

Reviewed 19 December 2017

Beautifully situated in South San Francisco's Oyster Point Waterfront, this Hotel provides a stunning venue for any kind of traveler's needs or meeting/special event. Regular airport shuttles make it super easy to get to and from the airport as well as accessing BART to ride into the heart of San Francisco or out to the East Bay. From check-in to lunch, overnight stay service to check-out every AC San Francisco associate I came into contact with was warm, helpful and always looking to offer a helping hand.

Be sure to check out the AC Kitchen for a European inspired breakfast and ask the front desk or Lounge attendants about their nightly ritual featuring Karl!

Room Tip: The Junior Suites are particularly spacious and well appointed with fabulous views of the Bay.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Ashley C, General Manager at AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2017

Justin M,

Thank you so much for writing such a great review of our hotel. It sounds like you enjoyed every aspect of our hotel and that our team took great care of you.

We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in the Bay Area.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

This hotel is trying very hard (too hard!) to be hip and cool. There are really no high-end hotels in this immediate area and with lots of business travelers willing to pay, they are attempting to fill that void - but labeling everything "European" gets a bit old. And for almost $400/night, I expect 2, not 1, in-room cups of coffee - and ceramic mugs, not cardboard, to drink it out of. And the music in the lobby was too loud.

On the plus side - rooms are comfortable, and do feel upscale. I've stayed twice, and on first visit got a harbor view room, which was spectacular. Second time I got a view of a parking lot. Breakfast buffet is good, and I guess $20 is pretty much the going rate for a decent buffet at a good hotel. In general I wasn't overly impressed with the staff, except for one man working Friday morning 12/15 at breakfast was extremely helpful and friendly. He let me know that in addition to what was placed out, one could order eggs off the a la carte menus , and that was included in the buffet. The previous morning, no one had bothered to tell me that. He was also very genuine and friendly in general, unlike most of the other staff whose friendliness felt forced. Didn't catch his name but he had white hair and I believe may have been Japanese - wanted to give him a shout out!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank eburke92
Ashley C, General Manager at AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2017

eburke92

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

As you mentioned, there have not been any upscale hotels in the South San Francisco area until we arrived and we couldn't be more pleased with the response we've received already. We do realize we are not for everyone with our European influenced, minimalist décor, however, our guests have given us extremely positive feedback. I'm so glad you were able to experience our Bay View room during your initial stay with us but as you can imagine, these rooms have a very high demand.

The server you are talking about is Peter and he is absolutely fantastic. I'll be sure to share your comments with him. We have had numerous compliments about not only him but about our entire team which makes me so proud to work here everyday.

I hope you will consider us again the next time you are in the Bay Area.

Thank you.

Reviewed 9 December 2017

Expensive hotel-- AC doesnt work in the rooms (kinda funny since its called AC hotel). Its set at too high of a temperature and ends up blowing warm air.

This happens at a lot of hotels so i call down and they say there is nothing they can do. I asked about where a maintenance person was and they only have a part time person.

Very expensive "trendy" hotel with no support staff.

Oh the master switch needs to be on in order for the TV to work. But no one tells you that.

Wifi doesnt work the person they sent up "maybe its just busy now try later"

$10 voucher for breakfast as a gold with Marriott. This is a bit of a joke.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank jp12687
Ashley C, General Manager at AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2017

jp12687,

Thank you for choosing AC San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront hotel.

We strive to exceed our guest expectations and unfortunately we fell short during your recent stay with us. I apologize for the problems you experienced with the air conditioning and internet. I believe 68 degrees is the lowest temperature our thermostats reach and I understand this might still be too warm for some guests. I have shared your feedback with the appropriate team members so we can correct the issues with the internet.
As for the rate, I know the Bay Area can be very expensive and hotels in San Francisco actually have rates up to $200 to $300 higher than our hotel
We look forward to you trying our hotel again the next time you are in the Bay Area.