“Surprisingly good chic hotel at SFO”

AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Finally I find a hotel in San Francisco with modern design. This is a brand new hotel opened at Oct 2017 as I was told, AC hotel itself is kind of minimalist hotel that you don’t find much of facilities in other full service hotel. It only have a small restaurant, small gym and poor and rooms. However as a new hotel it exceed my expectation not only with its chic design, but also with the friendly checkin experience. The front desk was an asian girl whose super nice. She proactively asked my experience of AC hotel and introduced me about a little background of this hotel brand and this property. This is super nice since I never got this kind of intro in another other Marriott hotels.

I was upgraded to a corner suite, the room is well designed and spacious, the view is nice and everything was good except their shower certain has to increase water pressure.

One great thing about this hotel is they don’t charge parking fee and they even have free airport shuttle.

Will definitely stay at this hotel again if I want to close to SF with car.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Ashley C, General Manager at AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

JojoLoveTravel,

You are absolutely correct, this style/level of hotel has been missing from the South San Francisco landscape for far too long. Guests are absolutely loving that there is finally something in this area that can provide an elevated level of service.

As for the water pressure in our showers, unfortunately there is nothing we can do about this since we operate in California and it's part of the water conservation efforts that are mandated by the state.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel is very modern and minimalist. It feels like a fancy Ikea. The room ia very pretty but the furniture is cold. The floor has no carpet, I think it is vinyl so it's cold. Bring socks. There is only one cup of coffee in the room, no second cup in the morning and no coffee for your guests.

There is no lounge and no free breakfast for Gold or Platinum members. They do give you a $10 credit but not the same. Also, breakfast doesn't open until 6:30 am so there isn't much of an opportunity to eat if you have a 8:00 am meeting.

There are good things too. The parking is free. The staff was nice. There was water waiting cooled in the mini fridge. The rooms have a safe which is always nice. The views are fabulous.

I like a hotel to be a home away from home. This is more a place to store your things, be seen and head off to your party. Just don't back much. The closet is small and there are only two drawers for clothes.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Ashley C, General Manager at AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

theresapX814GP,

You are absolutely correct, or hotel has a very high end, minimalistic décor based on our European heritage/design. We focus on a very modern, upscale design with custom marble floors throughout the lobby, high end furnishings in each of our guest rooms and as you mention, spectacular views of the San Francisco Bay.
I'm so glad to hear that our wonderful staff took great care of you and that you enjoyed all of our complimentary offerings.

We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I’m a platinum Marriott member and stay at Marriott hotels every other week. I decided to stay at the AC hotel for my last day of my 10 day business trip to be close to the airport.

The hotel is brand new , at a good location to be closed to the airport and downtown with amazing modern designs, open patio concept inside the hotel to enjoy a fresh air dining experience if you wish to eat in the open, or indoor seating and bar. Loved it.

The hotel is located 10 minutes to the airport in a beautiful business complex surrounded by running trails, brand new landscaped areas and next to the bay. Free parking, unlike many of the hotels in San Francisco and Walnut Creek that charge $25 to $50 per night. Took a drive to the Fisherman’s Warf in the evening and it took 20 minutes.

The rooms are not like the regular Marriotts. It is what I would call minimalized modern designs, white, blacks , browns and grays. I’m not crazy for modern design but it was still very slick and nice. I was upgraded to an “ocean view”, which I could see the ocean far away, but is more of a Bay View. It is still a beautiful view to wake up to. The room felt like no one had slept in it. The TV was not even programmed yet, but a few reset touches brought it to life. Lighting is controlled thru touch wall controls with a master that turns power to everything. I know! I turned everything off by mistake. Bathroom shower heads and rain features are heavenly. Stood in the shower forever after driving from Carmel for 3 hours. Bed was very comfortable with comfy pillows. Trying to get ice was a new experience. Don’t use the ice bucket in the room. It won’t work. They have bottles in the ice machine where you can put your ice in it.

Customer service was excellent at the front desk and restaurant! The chef itself was very attentive of the few customers he had and the breakfast setting was more in the Italian style of cheese, fruit, proscuitto, Pastries and delicious Capucchino Coffee. I ordered egg whites with spinach. Perfection!

For those people that gave this hotel a low grading for whatever the reasons where, let me just say that for someone that stays at a very nice hotels, this one make all of the positive check marks I need. Great customer service, great accommodations, good driving location and a feeling of “I will come back”.

I took a video of the room but it won’t post.

My only negative is that as a business traveler, I need my newspapers (Wall Street Journal or USA Today). None are available as AC hotels have not negotiated rates! That did not fit the Marriott great perks that are offered and needs to be rectified or negotiated pretty fast if you want complete customer satisfaction.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

jimbabama,

It's so nice to read your review. You are clearly one of our "target" customers. I can certainly appreciate guests that enjoy a more traditional hotel but for guests, such as yourself, that enjoy a more European, modern hotel.

Everything you mention in your review is exactly what drew me to this brand. I absolutely love showing up to work everyday and walking through this amazing hotel.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We spur of the moment decided to go to SF and booked this hotel based on it being a Marriott. The hotel is obviously new and our room was great. The trip was made by the incredibly helpful staff, most predominantly Victoria at the front desk. we arrived too late for the onsite restaurant but she was incredibly helpful in finding us a good restaurant that delivered. all around a great experience; we would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple

_aoneil57,

I just love reading all of the reviews that talk about our amazing staff. I've been doing this for over 25 years and I can honestly say, this is the best staff I've ever had the pleasure of working with.

I will be sure to share your comments with Victoria.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Despite being Platinum with Marriott this is my first stay at an AC hotel. Really, really happy with the experience. Super clean and very Euro, reminded me of many of the NH hotels I'd stayed at in Italy. Everything you need, nothing you don't, excellent beds. Upgraded to a harbor view by the front desk, everyone was very helpful and friendly. Wine prices probably a bit on the high end to be honest, but outside of that a great stay.

I'll definitely be back to more AC Hotels.

Stayed: November 2017
Ashley C, General Manager at AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Good Morning RenoSongman,

I'm so glad to hear you had a great experience here at the AC San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront.

It probably helps that you've had experiences at different European style hotels so you understand the concept. As Marriott brings this brand to the United States, it might take some time for people to appreciate the sophisticated elegance we are shooting for.

Thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
0.2 km away
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/...
#6 of 28 in South San Francisco
0.8 km away
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco
1.1 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport North
0.3 km away
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Residence Inn San Francisco Airp...
#7 of 28 in South San Francisco
7.2 km away
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
1.1 km away
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - San Francisco Airport
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites...
#5 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK