All reviewsusb portsmodern designbeautiful waterfrontbath amenitiesoystersbay viewgreat showerrain showerthe entire hotelbusiness travelerfront deskoyster pointnice propertyhotel is locatedstayed nightsbed was comfortablean early morning flight
Reviewed 24 November 2017 via mobile

I’m a platinum Marriott member and stay at Marriott hotels every other week. I decided to stay at the AC hotel for my last day of my 10 day business trip to be close to the airport.

The hotel is brand new , at a good location to be closed to the airport and downtown with amazing modern designs, open patio concept inside the hotel to enjoy a fresh air dining experience if you wish to eat in the open, or indoor seating and bar. Loved it.

The hotel is located 10 minutes to the airport in a beautiful business complex surrounded by running trails, brand new landscaped areas and next to the bay. Free parking, unlike many of the hotels in San Francisco and Walnut Creek that charge $25 to $50 per night. Took a drive to the Fisherman’s Warf in the evening and it took 20 minutes.

The rooms are not like the regular Marriotts. It is what I would call minimalized modern designs, white, blacks , browns and grays. I’m not crazy for modern design but it was still very slick and nice. I was upgraded to an “ocean view”, which I could see the ocean far away, but is more of a Bay View. It is still a beautiful view to wake up to. The room felt like no one had slept in it. The TV was not even programmed yet, but a few reset touches brought it to life. Lighting is controlled thru touch wall controls with a master that turns power to everything. I know! I turned everything off by mistake. Bathroom shower heads and rain features are heavenly. Stood in the shower forever after driving from Carmel for 3 hours. Bed was very comfortable with comfy pillows. Trying to get ice was a new experience. Don’t use the ice bucket in the room. It won’t work. They have bottles in the ice machine where you can put your ice in it.

Customer service was excellent at the front desk and restaurant! The chef itself was very attentive of the few customers he had and the breakfast setting was more in the Italian style of cheese, fruit, proscuitto, Pastries and delicious Capucchino Coffee. I ordered egg whites with spinach. Perfection!

For those people that gave this hotel a low grading for whatever the reasons where, let me just say that for someone that stays at a very nice hotels, this one make all of the positive check marks I need. Great customer service, great accommodations, good driving location and a feeling of “I will come back”.

I took a video of the room but it won’t post.

My only negative is that as a business traveler, I need my newspapers (Wall Street Journal or USA Today). None are available as AC hotels have not negotiated rates! That did not fit the Marriott great perks that are offered and needs to be rectified or negotiated pretty fast if you want complete customer satisfaction.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Ashley C, General Manager at AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

jimbabama,

It's so nice to read your review. You are clearly one of our "target" customers. I can certainly appreciate guests that enjoy a more traditional hotel but for guests, such as yourself, that enjoy a more European, modern hotel.

Everything you mention in your review is exactly what drew me to this brand. I absolutely love showing up to work everyday and walking through this amazing hotel.

We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in the Bay Area.

Reviewed 20 November 2017

We spur of the moment decided to go to SF and booked this hotel based on it being a Marriott. The hotel is obviously new and our room was great. The trip was made by the incredibly helpful staff, most predominantly Victoria at the front desk. we arrived too late for the onsite restaurant but she was incredibly helpful in finding us a good restaurant that delivered. all around a great experience; we would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank _aoneil57

_aoneil57,

I just love reading all of the reviews that talk about our amazing staff. I've been doing this for over 25 years and I can honestly say, this is the best staff I've ever had the pleasure of working with.

I will be sure to share your comments with Victoria.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Despite being Platinum with Marriott this is my first stay at an AC hotel. Really, really happy with the experience. Super clean and very Euro, reminded me of many of the NH hotels I'd stayed at in Italy. Everything you need, nothing you don't, excellent beds. Upgraded to a harbor view by the front desk, everyone was very helpful and friendly. Wine prices probably a bit on the high end to be honest, but outside of that a great stay.

I'll definitely be back to more AC Hotels.

Stayed: November 2017
Ashley C, General Manager at AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

Good Morning RenoSongman,

I'm so glad to hear you had a great experience here at the AC San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront.

It probably helps that you've had experiences at different European style hotels so you understand the concept. As Marriott brings this brand to the United States, it might take some time for people to appreciate the sophisticated elegance we are shooting for.

We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in the Bay Area.

Thank you.

Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

I stayed 6 nights during Dreamforce 17 at AC Hotel.
The seaside view ist stunning, when you see the sunrise in the morning.
The Uber Pool Ride to Downtown is between 5 and 10 $ within 30 minutes.
The Room was clean everyday.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank bebinger
Ashley C, General Manager at AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2017

bebinger,

I couldn't agree more, the view from the AC Kitchen and lounge is absolutely stunning. Not to mention the amazing view from our guest rooms. We are so fortunate to have this location, right on the San Francisco Bay.

Thank you for choosing our hotel, we hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in the Bay Area.

Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Very new hotel, apparently catering to the younger crowd - fair enough! Came on the weekend, and didn’t get upgraded to a bay view room. Hotel wasn’t terribly busy, so didn’t get that part.

Nicely decorated, friendly staff, and clean. Didn’t try any of the food and beverage offering as we have relatives in town. Bed was comfortable and firm; needs the master switch on to turn on the tv; ample of USB ports to charge things. Front desk didn’t find my mail package when I checked in. All in all, just small things seem to need some tweaking, and need to work on the perks for Gold and Platinum members. $10 voucher is good for not very much.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Ashley C, General Manager at AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Good Afternoon Andrew T,

Yes, we are a very new hotel, just opened Oct. 6, 2017.

We do have Bay View rooms that offer an incredible view of the San Francisco Bay. We definitely work to upgrade all of our Platinum and Gold members to these rooms when they are available but as you can imagine, they are extremely popular and are the first rooms to sell.
We do love our "master switch" in all of our guest rooms as it positively affects our carbon footprint, we pride ourselves on being a very "green" hotel. I would agree, there is opportunity here for us to educate our guests upon arrival as to how this works.
I do hope you will try our hotel again the next time you are in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Thank you.