All reviews usb ports modern design beautiful waterfront small restaurant bar great shower bath amenities oyster point oysters full service hotel bay view rain shower the entire hotel business traveler nice property hotel restaurant one night stay stayed nights
Reviewed 6 November 2017 via mobile

Very new hotel, apparently catering to the younger crowd - fair enough! Came on the weekend, and didn’t get upgraded to a bay view room. Hotel wasn’t terribly busy, so didn’t get that part.

Nicely decorated, friendly staff, and clean. Didn’t try any of the food and beverage offering as we have relatives in town. Bed was comfortable and firm; needs the master switch on to turn on the tv; ample of USB ports to charge things. Front desk didn’t find my mail package when I checked in. All in all, just small things seem to need some tweaking, and need to work on the perks for Gold and Platinum members. $10 voucher is good for not very much.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Ashley C, General Manager at AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Good Afternoon Andrew T,

Yes, we are a very new hotel, just opened Oct. 6, 2017.

We do have Bay View rooms that offer an incredible view of the San Francisco Bay. We definitely work to upgrade all of our Platinum and Gold members to these rooms when they are available but as you can imagine, they are extremely popular and are the first rooms to sell.
We do love our "master switch" in all of our guest rooms as it positively affects our carbon footprint, we pride ourselves on being a very "green" hotel. I would agree, there is opportunity here for us to educate our guests upon arrival as to how this works.
I do hope you will try our hotel again the next time you are in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Reviewed 28 October 2017

My first visit and not my last. Everyone from the front desk to the cleaning crew was always there to help you. I didn't have a view off the bay, but I did have a nice view.
( just wanted to stay I don't stay at a hotel for the view)
The restaurant complicates the bar. We enjoys the appetizers. I all everything was great.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Naltali Nat R,

I'm so glad to hear that your first visit will not be your last.

I have to agree, we have the best staff I've ever had the pleasure of working with in my 20+ years of working in the hotel.

We look forward to hosting you the next time you are in the Bay Area.

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel has some major need for staff training and Marriott should get involved as they have no point of sale system in the restaurant bar. Meaning they do not issue receipts after they charge your card. Ling story short we were double charged and spent 2 hours over two days trying to get it fixed and yet no refunds issued after being assured they were. This is taking too much time to get an appropriate response.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank jessicatX1426GL
Ashley C, General Manager at AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

jerssicatX1426GL,

First let me apologize for your experience in our restaurant.
Our hotel just opened three weeks ago and unfortunately we've had some issues with our Oracle Micros system. As you stated, the credit card system supplied by Oracle/Magtek have not been working and we were unable to provide our guests with a receipt. Please know, this issue has been resolved and they have finally provided us with new equipment.
I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you the next time you are in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights.I could hear the conversation in the next to me. Room was not clean after I returned from client visits had to wait 3 hours downstairs.....Menu lacking and expensive. Started in nice bayside room moved to another non bayside room a lot smaller as tv broke. People nice but not efficient. Was offered a coffee for my trouble oh wow! Should have free breakfast as I am gold member did not happen. Wanna go home!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Good Morning Angela S,

Please let me apologize for your experience at our AC Marriott South San Francisco.
I have shared your comments with our Housekeeping department so as to ensure future guests do not have the same experience.
As a brand, we do not offer complimentary breakfast to our Gold or Platinum members. We do however, provide a $10 food and beverage coupon that can be used in the restaurant or bar. Please let me know if you did not receive this and I will be happy to rebate this amount to you.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

I travel frequently to the Bay Area and have stayed at most of the Marriott branded hotels near SFO. I wasn't sure what to expect with this new hotel opening and was intrigued based on prior AC experiences in Europe.

Overall, I thought the rooms were simple and comfortable with the wood floor instead of carpeting. The gym was quite large and all the equipment is the latest you can find. There's a lap pool that I didn't use but it seemed to be a good option even for kids. I didn't try the restaurant as I had meals during business meetings.

Pros:

1. Shuttle from the airport, call ahead and they will tell you an approximate pick up time (it makes one additional stop at the Hilton Garden Inn).
2. Staff were nice at check in and gave me a $10 certificate to use on food/snacks which is about what you'd get at a non full service Marriott.
3. Gym and rooms were new, fresh and large.

Cons:

1. Couldn't use the mobile app for check-in/check-out.

I didn't encounter any of the problems noted by the other travelers. Great option if you like the Marriott brands.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Ashley C, General Manager at AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

windycityfamily,

Thank you for trying our brand new AC Marriott San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront.

I'm so glad to hear we met and hopefully exceeded your expectations base on your experience with our AC Hotels in Europe.

We are very proud of our great start since we opened on Oct. 6, 2017. Everything you mentioned from our complimentary airport shuttle to our extra large fitness center and our $10 food and beverage voucher for our Gold and Platinum members have proven to be part of our key to success. Not to mention our incredible staff who I'm so proud to work with on a daily basis.

We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in San Francisco.