All reviews usb ports modern design beautiful waterfront small restaurant bar great shower bath amenities oyster point oysters full service hotel bay view rain shower the entire hotel business traveler nice property hotel restaurant one night stay stayed nights
Reviewed 28 October 2017

My first visit and not my last. Everyone from the front desk to the cleaning crew was always there to help you. I didn't have a view off the bay, but I did have a nice view.
( just wanted to stay I don't stay at a hotel for the view)
The restaurant complicates the bar. We enjoys the appetizers. I all everything was great.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Ashley C, General Manager at AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Naltali Nat R,

I'm so glad to hear that your first visit will not be your last.

I have to agree, we have the best staff I've ever had the pleasure of working with in my 20+ years of working in the hotel.

We look forward to hosting you the next time you are in the Bay Area.

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

This hotel has some major need for staff training and Marriott should get involved as they have no point of sale system in the restaurant bar. Meaning they do not issue receipts after they charge your card. Ling story short we were double charged and spent 2 hours over two days trying to get it fixed and yet no refunds issued after being assured they were. This is taking too much time to get an appropriate response.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank jessicatX1426GL
Ashley C, General Manager at AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

jerssicatX1426GL,

First let me apologize for your experience in our restaurant.
Our hotel just opened three weeks ago and unfortunately we've had some issues with our Oracle Micros system. As you stated, the credit card system supplied by Oracle/Magtek have not been working and we were unable to provide our guests with a receipt. Please know, this issue has been resolved and they have finally provided us with new equipment.
I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you the next time you are in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Thank you.

Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed 3 nights.I could hear the conversation in the next to me. Room was not clean after I returned from client visits had to wait 3 hours downstairs.....Menu lacking and expensive. Started in nice bayside room moved to another non bayside room a lot smaller as tv broke. People nice but not efficient. Was offered a coffee for my trouble oh wow! Should have free breakfast as I am gold member did not happen. Wanna go home!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Good Morning Angela S,

Please let me apologize for your experience at our AC Marriott South San Francisco.
I have shared your comments with our Housekeeping department so as to ensure future guests do not have the same experience.
As a brand, we do not offer complimentary breakfast to our Gold or Platinum members. We do however, provide a $10 food and beverage coupon that can be used in the restaurant or bar. Please let me know if you did not receive this and I will be happy to rebate this amount to you.
Thank you.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

I travel frequently to the Bay Area and have stayed at most of the Marriott branded hotels near SFO. I wasn't sure what to expect with this new hotel opening and was intrigued based on prior AC experiences in Europe.

Overall, I thought the rooms were simple and comfortable with the wood floor instead of carpeting. The gym was quite large and all the equipment is the latest you can find. There's a lap pool that I didn't use but it seemed to be a good option even for kids. I didn't try the restaurant as I had meals during business meetings.

Pros:

1. Shuttle from the airport, call ahead and they will tell you an approximate pick up time (it makes one additional stop at the Hilton Garden Inn).
2. Staff were nice at check in and gave me a $10 certificate to use on food/snacks which is about what you'd get at a non full service Marriott.
3. Gym and rooms were new, fresh and large.

Cons:

1. Couldn't use the mobile app for check-in/check-out.

I didn't encounter any of the problems noted by the other travelers. Great option if you like the Marriott brands.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Ashley C, General Manager at AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

windycityfamily,

Thank you for trying our brand new AC Marriott San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront.

I'm so glad to hear we met and hopefully exceeded your expectations base on your experience with our AC Hotels in Europe.

We are very proud of our great start since we opened on Oct. 6, 2017. Everything you mentioned from our complimentary airport shuttle to our extra large fitness center and our $10 food and beverage voucher for our Gold and Platinum members have proven to be part of our key to success. Not to mention our incredible staff who I'm so proud to work with on a daily basis.

We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in San Francisco.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

I booked this hotel at the last minute as i was evacuated out of Napa. Was given room 537 which has an incredible view so highly recommend it for relaxation. Went down to the bar where I discovered the hotel had only been open for 3 days. I had just stayed at an AC in San Juan and really liked it and figured that it would have some bugs to work out but it would still be a pleasant experience. Boy was i wrong. The bartender was quite lovely but the wine prices are obscene. $18 for a glass on a bottle that cost them $6. The menu is limited and they had already 86'd the chicken and the antipasto salad, while quite tasty, was missing 33% of it's ingredients and yet I still got charged for it, even after pointing it out (and no) they didn't bring me the missing parts. Tuesday morning when I woke up, I discovered that not only were my shampoo and conditioner half used (not so bothered by that as I wish more places would go higher quality but larger bottles for environmental reasons) but the shower ledge hadn't been cleaned and I know that it was a man in the room before me. No more needs to be said about that. Upon check out, the front desk woman at 6am was lovely and apologetic and said she would talk to management and wanted to see if they could do something and could I wait on my folio? 55 hours later I call back as no one called me or emailed me. I reach a Victoria who can't tell me what is going on with my bill but assures me that it will be sent right away. another 3 hours later I have to call back and ask for her again at which point she gives me a huge line of BS that my email is wrong in the system and that they sent it to that address. I have been a Marriott member for years. I am gold status. My info doesn't change. Normally I love Marriott hotels and I am loyal as the day is long but this hotel has serious, serious front desk/customer service/housekeeping issues and I would wait 3-6 months until they get things right. Oh yes, finally got my bill as I was writing this review. They gave me a breakfast comp. Oddly, I never had breakfast. AC Hotel, I call this an epic fail!

Room Tip: Room overlooking the water
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank 9463chick
Ashley C, General Manager at AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Good Morning 9463chick,

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience at our beautiful AC Marriott South San Francisco. I assure you, this is not the normal service our guests can expect from our hotel.
I'd love to have the opportunity to speak with you about the issues you mention. Please feel free to give me a call at our convenience so we can discuss. I'd also like to see what we can do for Marriott Rewards points on your account. Please know that we will be adjusting off that breakfast charge for you.

Thank you and I look forward to speaking with you.

650-742-9211