“Nice contemporary hotel”

AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Reviewed 19 October 2017

I travel frequently to the Bay Area and have stayed at most of the Marriott branded hotels near SFO. I wasn't sure what to expect with this new hotel opening and was intrigued based on prior AC experiences in Europe.

Overall, I thought the rooms were simple and comfortable with the wood floor instead of carpeting. The gym was quite large and all the equipment is the latest you can find. There's a lap pool that I didn't use but it seemed to be a good option even for kids. I didn't try the restaurant as I had meals during business meetings.

Pros:

1. Shuttle from the airport, call ahead and they will tell you an approximate pick up time (it makes one additional stop at the Hilton Garden Inn).
2. Staff were nice at check in and gave me a $10 certificate to use on food/snacks which is about what you'd get at a non full service Marriott.
3. Gym and rooms were new, fresh and large.

Cons:

1. Couldn't use the mobile app for check-in/check-out.

I didn't encounter any of the problems noted by the other travelers. Great option if you like the Marriott brands.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Ashley C, General Manager at AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2017

windycityfamily,

Thank you for trying our brand new AC Marriott San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront.

I'm so glad to hear we met and hopefully exceeded your expectations base on your experience with our AC Hotels in Europe.

We are very proud of our great start since we opened on Oct. 6, 2017. Everything you mentioned from our complimentary airport shuttle to our extra large fitness center and our $10 food and beverage voucher for our Gold and Platinum members have proven to be part of our key to success. Not to mention our incredible staff who I'm so proud to work with on a daily basis.

We look forward to hosting you again the next time you are in San Francisco.

Reviewed 13 October 2017

I booked this hotel at the last minute as i was evacuated out of Napa. Was given room 537 which has an incredible view so highly recommend it for relaxation. Went down to the bar where I discovered the hotel had only been open for 3 days. I had just stayed at an AC in San Juan and really liked it and figured that it would have some bugs to work out but it would still be a pleasant experience. Boy was i wrong. The bartender was quite lovely but the wine prices are obscene. $18 for a glass on a bottle that cost them $6. The menu is limited and they had already 86'd the chicken and the antipasto salad, while quite tasty, was missing 33% of it's ingredients and yet I still got charged for it, even after pointing it out (and no) they didn't bring me the missing parts. Tuesday morning when I woke up, I discovered that not only were my shampoo and conditioner half used (not so bothered by that as I wish more places would go higher quality but larger bottles for environmental reasons) but the shower ledge hadn't been cleaned and I know that it was a man in the room before me. No more needs to be said about that. Upon check out, the front desk woman at 6am was lovely and apologetic and said she would talk to management and wanted to see if they could do something and could I wait on my folio? 55 hours later I call back as no one called me or emailed me. I reach a Victoria who can't tell me what is going on with my bill but assures me that it will be sent right away. another 3 hours later I have to call back and ask for her again at which point she gives me a huge line of BS that my email is wrong in the system and that they sent it to that address. I have been a Marriott member for years. I am gold status. My info doesn't change. Normally I love Marriott hotels and I am loyal as the day is long but this hotel has serious, serious front desk/customer service/housekeeping issues and I would wait 3-6 months until they get things right. Oh yes, finally got my bill as I was writing this review. They gave me a breakfast comp. Oddly, I never had breakfast. AC Hotel, I call this an epic fail!

Room Tip: Room overlooking the water
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank 9463chick
Ashley C, General Manager at AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Good Morning 9463chick,

I'm so sorry to hear about your experience at our beautiful AC Marriott South San Francisco. I assure you, this is not the normal service our guests can expect from our hotel.
I'd love to have the opportunity to speak with you about the issues you mention. Please feel free to give me a call at our convenience so we can discuss. I'd also like to see what we can do for Marriott Rewards points on your account. Please know that we will be adjusting off that breakfast charge for you.

Thank you and I look forward to speaking with you.

650-742-9211

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

I checked in late tonight and was really disappointed. My gold status was not recognized until I mentioned it. No upgrade was offered. When I specifically asked I was told none was available, when I insisted that I had just booked the room 30 minutes before and had seen other categories available they all of a sudden found one. They claimed it was larger but it was clearly not looking at the floor plan, tho I guess it did have a better view. I asked to check out the room I booked and the upgrade offered to see the difference. Unfortunately when I was taken to the room I book it had 2 double beds instead of the king room I had booked.

I then asked about lounge and they said they did not have one, so I inquired about breakfast and they told me I could purchase it downstairs. When I let them know that as a gold member they are required to provide a lounge or free breakfast they said they do not do that here. I then asked about internet, and they said regular internet was free and I could purchase premium internet for $5 a device. I informed them that Marriott required that gold members be given premium internet for free and then once again informed me that they would not be providing that guaranteed service as required by their contract with Marriott.

I call Marriott customer service to complain, and they assured me that I should have been given free breakfast and premium internet. While on the phone with them someone came up to the room and said as a gesture of good will they would give us a $10 credit per person to use towards breakfast. Nowhere close to what breakfast costs and it's not a favor if your required to do it.

I know this hotel is new and clearly the staff is very poorly trained in terms of required benefits. Them not being aware of everything I can understand but them refusing to do it once I point it out and show them the requirements on the Marriott website is not acceptable.

I am currently waiting for my guaranteed $100 credit for failing to receive the breakfast required.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Zachary C

Good Morning Zachary C,

Please allow me to apologize for your experience at our hotel. We are working to address the issues you mention in your post.

In researching some of the items you discussed, I realize some guests confuse AC Marriott with the Autograph Collection and expect the same amenities. Unfortunately, AC Marriott is completely different than the Autograph Collection and we do not provide a Concierge Lounge or complimentary breakfast for Gold or Platinum member. We do however provide the $10 food certificate you mentioned to be applied toward any of our beverage and food outlets.

I do hope you will visit our hotel again in the near future and give us another opportunity to show you the service our guests have come to expect from AC Marriott.

Thank you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
0.2 km away
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/...
#6 of 28 in South San Francisco
0.8 km away
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco
1.1 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport North
0.3 km away
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Residence Inn San Francisco Airp...
#7 of 28 in South San Francisco
7.2 km away
San Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
1.1 km away
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites - San Francisco Airport
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites...
#4 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to AC Hotel San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK