Location: the hotel is very near the airport. They have free shuttle service between the hotel and SFO. The shuttle runs every 30 minutes, on the hour etc. There is a shuttle schedule near the front desk. When you take the shuttle from SFO, be very careful that you don't get on the wrong shuttle. There is an Embassy Suite at Anza Blvd. And the one going to the Embassy Suites at Anza Blvd. is clearly marked on the side. I am not absolutely sure, but I think the one going to this hotel says Embassy Suites South or something like that. When in doubt, ask the driver before hopping on.
As the hotel is near the airport, that means there are not many choices when it comes to restaurants. There is a Wendy across the street. If you don't have a car, you can always take a cab or Uber. Or you can take the shuttle to the airport and take BART to where you want to go.
Staff: Everyone is very friendly and helpful.
Restaurant: The hotel has a restaurant with pretty yummy food. My room comes with complementary breakfast. There are fruits, yogurt, hot buffet, the usual stuff you'll expect. There is also a happy hour between 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. I've been to many hotels' happy hours. But this one is by far the worst one I've seen, unless you drink alcohol. If you don't, there are only sodas, juices and chips. There's no hot food at all. I wish there were.
Construction: the hotel is currently under renovation and the noise can be pretty loud between 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. If you are not in the hotel during said time, then it's perfectly ok. You wont hear anything at all outside of the hours. According to the hotel, the construction/renovation will go on for 5 - 6 more months. BTW when I booked my room via Hilton's website, there was no mention that the hotel is currently under construction. Since it's going to be a rather long term project, the website should warn potential customers ahead of time so that people can decide whether they want to stay there or not. It took me by surprise when I showed up the hotel and only then did I know that there's construction going on.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites San Francisco Airport Hotel South San Francisco
- Embassy Suites South San Francisco
- Embassy Suite South San Francisco
- South San Francisco Embassy Suites