“Near the airport, very friendly staff, NOTE: currently under construction”

Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Location: the hotel is very near the airport. They have free shuttle service between the hotel and SFO. The shuttle runs every 30 minutes, on the hour etc. There is a shuttle schedule near the front desk. When you take the shuttle from SFO, be very careful that you don't get on the wrong shuttle. There is an Embassy Suite at Anza Blvd. And the one going to the Embassy Suites at Anza Blvd. is clearly marked on the side. I am not absolutely sure, but I think the one going to this hotel says Embassy Suites South or something like that. When in doubt, ask the driver before hopping on.
As the hotel is near the airport, that means there are not many choices when it comes to restaurants. There is a Wendy across the street. If you don't have a car, you can always take a cab or Uber. Or you can take the shuttle to the airport and take BART to where you want to go.
Staff: Everyone is very friendly and helpful.
Restaurant: The hotel has a restaurant with pretty yummy food. My room comes with complementary breakfast. There are fruits, yogurt, hot buffet, the usual stuff you'll expect. There is also a happy hour between 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. I've been to many hotels' happy hours. But this one is by far the worst one I've seen, unless you drink alcohol. If you don't, there are only sodas, juices and chips. There's no hot food at all. I wish there were.
Construction: the hotel is currently under renovation and the noise can be pretty loud between 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. If you are not in the hotel during said time, then it's perfectly ok. You wont hear anything at all outside of the hours. According to the hotel, the construction/renovation will go on for 5 - 6 more months. BTW when I booked my room via Hilton's website, there was no mention that the hotel is currently under construction. Since it's going to be a rather long term project, the website should warn potential customers ahead of time so that people can decide whether they want to stay there or not. It took me by surprise when I showed up the hotel and only then did I know that there's construction going on.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Room was not properly cleaned any day of a four night stay, even when proper tip was left everyday of the stay for housekeeping. I wish I could recommend this location but it had many misses when it comes to the expected quality and/or standards of the Brand. Stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
timothypaulus, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear 641evaq
I do apologize for your recent stay with us. Although we have some challenges at this stage with our renovation our commitment to cleanliness is still strong but it appears to have fallen short in this case. Again, my apologies and I do hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here for our best friend weekend and it was great. The room was spacious and clean. Plus the evening reception offers free drinks!! The pretzel bites were pretty good as well. Didn’t have time to use the pool, but it looked nice.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The worse stay EVER!! Your better off staying at the 6 motel. The room was dirty, old out dated, broken titles in the shower, beds were full size (double occupancy) beds were stiff, pillows were hard, the heater wasn’t working and it was freezing we couldn’t take off our jackets we asked 3 times in a span of 3 hrs to get extra blankets and a little heater. I read reviews and I didn’t think that construction was really going to bug us because we were not going to spend time in the room, and honestly it didn’t bug us. Another really upsetting thing was that there was people smoking pot next door to us were it invaded our room & there was a lot of kids, young teens running in hallways, running in the room where they were serving breakfast (no breakfast to order) it looked like we were in a nasty motel. I asked the kids where were they from and they said they were local kids, they were loud, disorderly. I really think they should just shut down until the renew the WHOLE entire hotel. It was the WORSE embassy suites we have ever stayed, we left and stayed at another one in Santa Clara which was a night and day difference!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The simplest strongest thing I can say is: Don't come here! It is a construction zone with major demolition going on in the center atrium. All rooms surround this atrium and,therefore, all rooms have loud jackhammer and other construction noise from 8am to 4:30 p.m. The staff seems to have given up, as they are not present in the hotel except minimally at sign in. The room phone to the Front Desk is never answered. Some rooms have become "party rooms" with 15 or more crowded into them and constantly noisy. Again: Stay away!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank 12Shadow1245

Dear 12Shadow1245

Thank you for your comments. We are in the middle of a multi-million dollar renovation which will be fantastic upon completion. Our staff remains committed to taking care of our guests and we are fully staffed with personnel in all areas from the desk to food and beverage areas.

Also consider these accommodations in or near South San Francisco
8.5 km away
Embassy Suites by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - Waterfront
0.4 km away
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco
0.1 km away
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airpor...
#2 of 28 in South San Francisco
1.4 km away
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco
2.2 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport North
1.4 km away
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Residence Inn San Francisco Airp...
#7 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK
JPMiles / Payback Arrow

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco

Address: 250 Gateway Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080-7018
Region: United States > California > South San Francisco
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#5 Romantic Hotel in South San Francisco
Price Range: ₹ 9,632 - ₹ 26,362 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport - South San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites San Francisco Airport Hotel South San Francisco