“Awesome coffee!!”
Review of Philz Coffee

Philz Coffee
Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

I was in need of coffee and stumbled upon this shop. I was a bit disappointed that I couldn't get a latte but I was in a hurry so I tried it anyway. I'm glad I did! The coffee and tea drinks are made to order by laid back, friendly team members. I ordered the Philharmonic coffee and it was awesome! Be prepared to wait a bit though...

Reviewed 23 July 2017

I don't drink coffee, but this shop had pastries, bagels and other breakfast goodies. They have good hours (even on the weekend) which is rare in business district but since it is near the Hyatt that may be the reason. However being from the east coast, the toasted plain bagel I ordered was very sad. I don't think it was frozen, however it was not large at all. I was not full and hungry again soon after. Service as great though and price was reasonable.

Reviewed 2 July 2017

Close to the Embarcadero, we used Philz as a pick-me-up stop prior to hitting the San Francisco water front.

I ordered the Turkish and it was strong and wonderfully flavored. My wife went with the cold mint mojito. Her's was exceptionally delicious.

I did make the mistake while engaging in conversation with the young lady brewing my coffee that I was in the service. When I did her attitude changed immediately and not for the better. I had forgotten that many in San Francisco absolutely despise those who serve our nation in the military. She was still professional and brewed a great cup of coffee but I knew instantly that she was disgusted by me.

We drank our drinks out on the tables that ran along the street. It is a very enjoyable place do so and as there are quite a few goings-on that one can view

See you on the trail and please try to remember to treat with dignity and respect, all whom with you come in contact.

John Eric

Reviewed 12 June 2017

We saw several Philz in and around the city. We gave it a try and really enjoyed their darker roast in the am. Very flavorful with a hint of bitter but not overwhelming. Would certainly recommend.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

I needed a second morning dose of caffeine so decided to give them try. It’s a unique set up with the customer stepping up to one of the 5 or 6 baristas to place their order and then waiting, as each cup is made fresh via an individual drip filter process. As a result, the wait line was longer than the actual preparation. I ordered the ‘Philharmonic’ that was described as a Medium Blend with aromas of Cardamom, Maple and Earth……’Earth’? Really? If you need to be trendy then I guess that you can get used to anything. For me, I like unadulterated coffee and I don’t need to rework my taste buds. The coffeehouse does not offer regular coffee, and in my opinion, the different offerings results in just BAD coffee.

1  Thank DP49