“Very Good food at a Great Price.”

Frankie’s Pier 43
Reviewed 5 September 2017

After walking around Fisherman's Wharf trying to decide on a place to eat, we chose Frankie's. Compared to some of the other sit down restaurants, prices were very reasonable. Plus they has seating over looking the bay. My wife and I purchased 2 fish combo plates a 2 beers for $32. Both plates were well prepared with good portions of seafood. The food was so good we went back for lunch the next day and tried the clam chowder bowl, which was fantastic.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

I think I was just disappointed with the butter lol. I know our butter in WI is great but this butter in San Fran has no flavor. WE ordered a couple large orders and didn't feel we got even close to what we thought we would

Reviewed 8 July 2017 via mobile

Divine clam chowder and (Boudins) bread bowl. BEST FOOD on the waterfront even over some expensive places we tried. Famous Fishwich but we liked fish and garlic chips, clam chowder bread bowl and chickenwich.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

We stopped for lunch on our first day in San Francisco, we were going to have the fish and chips but then saw the fishwich and decided to try that instead.
The fish was nice but the coleslaw that was served on it was not that nice, it needed mayonnaise on it rather than the vinegar dressing that was on it as I am not a great fan of vinegar.
The bread was dry and lots of it, so it overwhelmed the fish
The restaurant itself had plenty of seating inside and out, the only thing on a cool day, with all the doors open meant it was quite cold in the restaurant and the food did not stay warm very long
The prices were reasonable considered the area the restaurant is in
It was not the best thing I have eaten, but it was not the worst either and where else can you sit and overlook Alcatraz while you're having your lunch

Reviewed 4 May 2017

Stopped in here for lunch for 2. Ordered a combo basket (forget the name) that had fish, calamari and shrimp. Also ordered 3 bignets. Food was good, nothing to howl at the moon about. Bignets were solid as well. I guess maybe a little too expensive for the food?