“Outstanding in every way possible” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Arroyo Vista Inn

Arroyo Vista Inn
GreenLeadersGold level
Los Angeles, CA
“Outstanding in every way possible”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2010

As previous reviewers have noted, this B&B is truly special. Pat, the innkeeper, has lovingly attended to every single detail, from her choice of furnishings and upholstery to her collection of stunning paintings and the delicious ingredients she uses to make her delectable breakfasts (including organic veggies from the South Pasadena farmer’s market). During my stay, I got a chance to get to chat with Pat, and I learned she is a former attorney who left corporate life to open this beautiful inn three years ago. She explained that her one of her life’s passions is to take care of and nourish other people, and her Arroyo Vista Inn is an expression of that desire. She wanted to create a space where people could come and receive care and sustenance. Thank you, Pat, for changing careers!

A few of my favorite memories from my one night stay at the inn:
--the wood detailing on the armoire in my room was gorgeous (see photo), as well as the beautiful marble atop the nightstand.
--the carpet in my room. I know this sounds silly, but I loved the carpet! It was thick, cushy, and luxurious. I felt like I was walking on a cloud.
--the lovely robe provided in my room: I wore the robe the entire time I stayed in my room. This was not a thin, flimsy robe. It was plush and enveloped me in luxury.
--the jacuzzi tub: try to book a room with one! It was heavenly soaking in this large tub with beautiful tile walls and raised tile accents.
--Pat’s toffee is to die for! It was waiting for me on the nightstand when I entered my room. The toffee was on a sweet light blue plate decorated with cherry blossoms. Again, the attention to fine detail is everywhere!
--The huge picture windows that drench every room with sunlight.
--The original oil paintings (done by a local artist) displayed throughout the entire house are simply breathtaking!
--Chatting with Pat and meeting her lovely daughter while enjoying my delicious breakfast. It made my experience so much more personal. I enjoyed getting to know them better.

I am lucky to live in South Pasadena and I’m within walking distance of the inn. This B&B is a treasure and there is no doubt I will be a regular visitor for years to come. I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect experience.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Hebrew first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2010

My partner and I needed a break from the distractions and demands of our daily life, a place to have uninterrupted time together and just relax. To our amazement we found a fantastic B & B a half and hour from our Los Angeles home that fit the bill. We packed our overnight bag and our dog and off we went to the Arroyo Vista Inn in South Pasadena. We were impressed upon entering the tree covered driveway and even more impressed with what we found at the other end. This Arts and Crafts house immpecably kept an appointed with a warm and inviting presence throughout. The innkeeper and staff were extremely friendly and helpful in ensuring our stay was everything we expected and then some. The breakfast were beautifully presented and delicious. Our room was large, light filled, very clean and made for a comfortable romantic time. This Inn is a hidden gem and a perfect escape for us from our otherwise hectic lives.

Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2010

If you are into craftsman architecture this place and area of Pasadena is it. Must do the 10 walking tours of historic homes, all within a few minutes drive. Wine and appetizers every evening before dinner really top off the day and met some really fun people. Pat is a great resource for all things pasadena. Tad bit of road noise in the rooms facing the street. If you are a light sleeper ask to be in a room not facing the street.

San Diego
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2010

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Arroyo Vista Inn. The proprietor, Pat, is an incredible asset to this bed and breakfast. Not only did she provide an incredible breakfast but she also provided a warm and inviting environment in which we were able to relax and mingle with the other guests. I recommend this bed and breakfast to anyone in the Pasadena or LA area.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
Sherman Oaks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2010

Highly recommend this B&B. Beautiful setting, amazing food. I stayed there the night before my wedding and the wedding night. Pat left special treats for us, which was lovely. She is very sweet and has the knack for pleasant conversation without feeling invasive. The structure is gorgeous, and VERY relaxing. The only problem was that we didn't want to leave!

Also consider these accommodations in or near South Pasadena
GreenTree Pasadena Inn
#12 of 31 in Pasadena
4.7 km away
Residence Inn Los Angeles Pasadena/Old Town

Been to Arroyo Vista Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK