“A winner in all respects”
Review of Main Street Garden - CLOSED

Main Street Garden
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 28
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Soquel Dr.
Description: Main Street Garden & Cafe is located in downtown Soquel, CA and serves California - Italian cuisine
Reviewed 22 July 2014

A perfect choice for a fine summer's eve, Main Street Garden is worth seeking out if you're visiting the Santa Cruz area. You can dine on the outdoor patio in view of the garden where fresh vegetables and herbs are harvested for that evening's preparations, or sit indoors in an intimate room or alcove. Service was knowledgeable about the changing menus and wine list that offered a number of Italian wines that were new to me. The burrata appetizer was swoon-worthy. Our entrees were just about perfect. Prices were moderate for the fine quality and fresh ingredients. I'm already looking forward to my next visit, when I will try the pizza and dessert.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

If you don't know about Main Street Garden Cafe, you won't find it.
It's a hidden gem that I thought twice about writing a review about, but it was such a special meal that they need to be shared.
It was a beautiful dining experience on their outdoor dining area. The food was delicious and fresh. The service was very friendly and attentive. It was relaxing(enjoying a glass of wine with our lunch) and peaceful, even though there was a party in the garden grass.
If you have a special event coming up, I highly recommend having it in the garden area.
We will be back for my wife's birthday next month.

2  Thank SFCalif
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had one of their wood-fired pizza. Best ever. My grandson had magnificent gnocchi, and my daughter the Halibut. All superb!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We hadn't been here in years and tried it again last night. We thoroughly enjoyed our food. Everything was fresh, unique, and tasted light, healthy, and delicious. The service was excellent and prices were reasonable. I'm not sure why it's not busier-we are locals and will be back!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

This is our go-to place whenever we come down from the Bay Area to Santa Cruz. The food here is wonderful, especially the braised dishes, the pastas and the pizzas from the wood-fired oven. The food is fresh, seasonal and local. Much of the produce is grown on-site in the beautiful garden. The staff is very attentive.