“Not too impressed!”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Soquel Dr.
Description: Main Street Garden & Cafe is located in downtown Soquel, CA and serves California - Italian cuisine
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The restaurant itself is charming with a indoor fireplace out door patio area and a lovely herb garden. The menu was mostly Pizza's. The food is fresh but servings are very small and I thought everything was way over priced for what we got. I also thought the service was just o.k. not too welcoming. We have ate at this restaurant for dinner twice in the past year and both times we left disappointed with the service, small portions, boring menu and high prices. I suggest they enhance their menu and lower their prices if they expect to stay in business.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

How lucky to visit long time friends who live just down the street from Main Street Garden & Cafe! We were just delighted with this lovely spot that seemed transplanted from the Italian countryside which several of us had been fortunate enough to have visited in our travels. The focus on organic ingredients, many from the restaurant's own garden, was wonderful, ensuring the utmost in quality and freshness.

Our number one favorite was their burrata, chickpea-almond pesto, onion relish, olive oil, bruschetta appetizer. It lasted seconds on the table. Two of us ordered a very interesting and delicious asparagus & potato pot pie, green garlic cream, garden greens & radish - where the potatoes comprised the crust of the pie. The wine list was not extensive but featured a nice Bargetto chardonnay ( the winery just down the street from the restaurant ). The corkage fee for outside fwines was $15 which was waived if you bought a bottle of the restaurant's wine.

We were too full for dessert but the parmesan cake, lemon curd, aged balsamic was a real temptation.

Reviewed 12 December 2012

This was a great referral from a friend which turned out to be the find of Santa Cruz county. The food is very creative menu which works very well. It is excellent. It is very fresh food served with great presentation and the owners have a passion and warmth rarely found anywhere.
After a few test meals we scheduled our son's wedding reception dinner for 26 people and they were so fun and seamless to work with it was no stressful amongst the busy wedding events. They offered a HUGH discount for wine by the case and the quality fantastic.
It may be obvious I like the place the people and the food. Want a treat. Make a reservation you will not be dis appointed.

1  Thank SCTomas
Reviewed 21 October 2012

Wow, nice surprise, really nice food, different combinations that made for excellent Italian soups, apps, and entrees. Many of the items come right out of the large garden in the backyard acreage.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

I was actually looking for the restaurant called Theo's which used to be here before I was deployed. I called the restaurant and they said they would be able to take me at 5:30pm because they were booked up all the way to 9:00pm. I was so happy to see the gardens were still there. I was alone so I ordered three appetizers the olives were warm and delicious, bruschetta also great, but did not like the sardines. I was happy they had Windy Oaks Terra Pinot Noir and ordered a bottle which I somehow forgot to take with me. Great personal service loved sitting outside with the heaters on.