“Great service just a short walk across the property”
Review of The Big 3 Diner - CLOSED

The Big 3 Diner
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 21
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 28 February 2016

I went here both mornings of my stay for breakfast. Great bacon. Great coffee. Pleasant atmosphere. Friendly servers.

Reviewed 21 February 2016

We stayed at the fairmont sonoma mission inn and eat breakfast here every day. Great food, friendly staff.

Reviewed 27 January 2016

We enjoyed a quick and casual breakfast at Big 3.
WE asked for a table for 7 but most people did not show up.
The staff set the table but when we learned that there would only be three of us they did not hesitate to be very accommodating which was extremely nice of them.

The restaurant decor is nothing special but it is comfortable and the waiting area is huge. It might have a long wait at times but there is plenty of space with televisions for your pre-meal entertainment.

We just had muffins, smoothies and oatmeal but each item was well prepared and high quality. The service was prompt and friendly.

Nothing to rave about but it was exactly what we wanted.

Reviewed 1 December 2015

We had breakfast here twice We also ended up having Thanksgiving dinner here because the buffet in the hotel was sold out.

Breakfast was very good. I had Eggs Benedict the first morning and the Big 3 breakfast the second. The Eggs Benedict was one of the best I have had ever. The poached eggs were just a tad too runny for my taste (I had ordered them "firm") but the Hollandaise was near perfect. It was light and creamy with a very slight hint of lemon. The ham was tasty and the English Muffin was substantial in size and held up well to the sauce. The Big 3 breakfast is a traditional two eggs any style (I had mine over medium) choice of meat (I had bacon) and choice of bread ( I had English muffin). The eggs were perfect. Firm whites and runny yokes. The bacon was crisp and smokey with hints of maple and pepper. The butter for the bread is served separately in a little dish and there was an assortment of jams in classy little jars. Oh, and they serve fresh squeezed orange juice and halfway decent coffee.

Service was excellent. Both mornings we had Elizabeth as our server and she treated us like family the second time. The second day they were very busy and we had to wait a bit for our order. We were offered refills on our juice (no extra charge) and the coffee pot was kept on the table.

The whole vibe is an odd combination of dive coffee shop (60's era decor, booths, open bar) and little touches of elegance ( little jars of jam, pepper grinder, real cream in a mini pitcher).

What almost brought the whole thing down to an average rating was the Thanksgiving dinner. The service was good, the waitress attentive, and they have some pretty nice wines available; but the food was just so so. The turkey was OK. It was a very generous portion, but had no particular flavor. It was real turkey, but tasted processed. The mashed potatoes were ho hum, the stuffing was terrible as was the cranberry sauce. The best part were the vegetables on the side - fresh and crisp with just a hint of butter.

I would definitely recommend this restaurant for breakfast.

Reviewed 25 October 2015

Ate here for breakfast on a Saturday morning. Busy, but seated quickly. Had chilliquilles and huevos rancheros. Kind of a deconstructed version, so not what you typically think of dish. Fresh, good, but not that hangover yummy spicy Mexican that you might be craving.