Ramekins Culinary School & Inn is more school than inn. It offers catering, cooking classes, lectures, even musical evenings. A staff of mostly friendly folks spend their days organizing classes and peddling the small but attractive facility as a great spot for weddings and special events. Maybe so. What Ramekins is not great at is being a B&B, where presumably guests pay to get a great night's sleep and wake to a beautiful breakfast. My husband and I went to Sonoma to visit relatives and stayed at the inn for five nights, Unfortunately, two of the nights involved being kept awake by noisy evening events being held immediately below the bedrooms, events which went on until 11 p.m. Not restful. The breakfast was set up in a nook-type area off the elevator, through which staff members walk on their way to and from their offices. Breakfast appeared at a slightly different hour each day and, though attractive and full of fresh fruit and granola, offered what must have been par-baked croissants that were not a good advertisement for a cooking school. One morning, we came out to the breakfast area to find the wine and cheese spread from the night before still in place, uncleared.
It appears that Ramekins is focused much more on event-planning and cooking classes than on accommodating overnight visitors. For instance, Wifi was advertised as being available, but it didn't work in the rooms; we had to go to the breakfast area to pick it up. We were unable to sit out on our balcony because the inn was installing solar paneling the week we visited. The latter was no one's fault, but it certainly influenced the quality of our visit. We did not have a good time and would not return to this facility. If Ramekins wants to continue as an event locale and cooking school, fine. But If it is going to call itself an inn, it needs to be more focused on the customer experience. Perhaps staff members should try sleeping there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Room amenities include king-size beds, rustic French antique furnishings from Chateau Sonoma, Wi-Fi internet access, digital cable and ipod docking stations, eco-friendly Aveda hair care products and certified organic bath products by Olivina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Ramekins Culinary School & Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ramekins Culinary School And Inn
- Ramekins Culinary School Hotel Sonoma