“Nice cozy room and wonderful restaurant”

El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Sonoma
Reviewed 23 June 2012

We loved the location being in the square. Walking distance to shops and restaurants.. Very convenient that there was a coffee and pastry shop in the hotel as well as the Kitchen. We truly enjoyed our stay there.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joyfullsky
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen

Reviewed 7 June 2012

My two daughters and I stayed here on our first trip to wine country. The location was perfect for novices --- could walk everywhere. However, the hotel doesn't match the rate - the rooms are small, unimpressive; although they offer free wireless, it is undependable --- was never able to use it reliably during our stay. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not on the street to minimize noise.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I won't go into all the details of the situation that I had because it would take to long the issue at hand is a mistake in the restaurant and instead of the manager trying to help resolve the situation they took the servers side and dismissed me ($150 meal for two) When I called the General Manager the next day to let him know what had happened He blew me off too. Nothing offered for our frustration and just a token oh I'll talk to her but you could hear it in his voice that I would be forgotten about as soon as we hung up. I am local and have dined there many times. The food is great but I will never be back again! There are way to many great restaurants in the area to spend my money at a place that doesn't care about there customers.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
jtomaro, Public Relations Manager at El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

Hello MJCox,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and I apologize that we were not able to remedy the issue to your satisfaction. We value the security and privacy of our guests which is why we have specific procedures in place for when a guest leaves a credit card behind. We certainly hope that you understand that our policy is meant to keep our guests' information safe and not intended to make things more difficult for you.

Kind Regards,
The Management Team at El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen

Reviewed 10 May 2012

I stayed at the El Dorado hotel for a friend's wedding a few weeks ago and it was completely pleasant. I had a great room - one that faced the square and had a large balcony/porch on the second floor. The room was small but delightful. It was clean, fresh, and had authentic terracotta tile floors which I loved. The bed wasn't the most comfortable in the world but the linens were nice. The bathroom was clean and bright - so bright that I had to take 2 of the light bulbs out of the wall fixture :) Nonetheless, there was plenty of closet space, the sun shined in beautifully and it was very peaceful. I didn't ask much of the front desk people but they were all very nice. It feels more like a B&B since they really know who is staying at the hotel, which was really nice. Its a great place to stay in a great location. However, the restaurant is a completely different story...but that's for another review. For lodging, definitely stay here!

Room Tip: I loved my room on the second floor, facing the square, with a large furnished balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WDCReviewer
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Four of us dropped by for a late lunch/early dinner at 4 pm. We were seated at a table with one printed menu on it, no additional were offered. The waiter was unable to answer questions about menu items. A member of our party was excited to see Pliny the Elder on tap which he had been told good things about, but never tried. Three of us ordered it, an were served a disappointing lager. The waiter insisted it was the Pliny when questioned. $10 salads were OK, but small, and the Margherita Pizza was marginal with a couple of basil leaves, Pizza Hut quality mozzarella and tomato sauce. All for $100 including tax and a too generous tip. There are better options on the Sonoma Square.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
jtomaro, Public Relations Manager at El Dorado Hotel & Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Dear Wyndwhystle,

Thank you for your posting. We are sorry to hear about your experience. We have reviewed your comments with our entire team and are looking into the issues you mentioned. It sounds like you dined in our Corner Cafe (not El Dorado Kitchen). We are in the process of converting this space to a full service restaurant that serves breakfast, lunch and dinner (much to the request of our guests and Sonoma residents). It sounds like you caught us right during our transition and unfortunately we still had some kinks to work out. I would love to invite you back into experience El Dorado again. Please let me know if you will be in the area and able to come back. You can reach me via email at jtomaro@eldoradosonoma.com.

Again, thank you for taking the time to post your experience. We hope to welcome you back to El Dorado Hotel and Corner Cafe soon.

Jennifer