“Try the Smorgesbord”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
San Antonio, Texas
“Try the Smorgesbord”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

The smorgesbord is outstanding! Also, the schnitzel is authentic and tasty. Seriously worth giving a try, especially if you are hungry.

Visited January 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

South Royalton, Vermont
“Best Monte-Cristo ever...”
Reviewed 6 February 2012

I usually don't bother with writing notes on places we stop for a casual lunch, but the sandwich I had today merits being mentioned. The classic Monte-Cristo sandwich is prepared ahead of time, and placed in the fridge to keep fresh and to help it from falling apart in the final preparation. The whole sandwich (not just the bread) is then dipped in egg batter, then deep-fried and served with homemade raspberry jam. The result is outstanding. Worth the trip alone, but the town of Silvang is cute as well...

Manteca, California
“Nice atmosphere, okay smorgasbord”
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I've tried a few smorgasbords in Solvang and so far this one is the best. It's not great, but it's passable since it is Danish. The atmosphere is better than the others we have tried and the food is a tad bit better, but I just haven't found a really good smorgasbord in Solvang for over 20 years.

• Visited July 2011
Singapore, Singapore
“Almost there”
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We went in to have a light lunch before walking around in the city more and chose to have Danish open sandwich. I took liver pate and my husband chose roast beef. I know it is not fair as I lived in Denmark for many years, but liver pate usually have a little sweeter taste than what I experienced here. That said, it was great, the portion was big and the chocolate and carrot cake was also delicious.

Visited January 2012
Rohnert Park, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AMAZING FOOD AND SERVICE- NEW MANAGEMENT IS FABULOUS!”
Reviewed 3 January 2012

WOW! First of all, the complimentary breads and butter they serve you are fresh out of the oven, warm and delicious variations on rye bread, without the bitter fennel, one was poppyseed and the other was a dark rye, but more sweet and savory than usual rye bread. I went with my husband and our best friends who are engages, we stopped here because we were on a rodtrip. We walked the entire village, and this is ABSOLUTELY THE MOST AUTHENTIC food with the MOST CHARMING ATMOSPHERE! We ordered the potato skins as an appetizer, not only were they the best ever, (this place knows everything about potatoes) but the gave us a second round of them for free! They gave us more bread and butter and took our entree orders (all of which are amazing! We had the hokkenbof Med Log and the Roast Pork dish which I dont remember the name of) Both meals were so good we were liking our plates! You MUST try the mashed potatoes, we tried so hard to figure out what they had done to make them be the best mashed potatoes in the world, but it remains a secret that can only be tasted at Bit 'o' Denmark. The portions are so HUGE that both of us couples shared our plates and were stuffed by the time we left. For four people with appetizers and drinks it was only $50 to be very full and very satisfied. If you have seen the other restaurants in town, you know that's amazing unless you want to eat in one of those crappy looking bright cafeteria style places which we peeked in at and saw the food- it didnt look good. The atmosphere in this place is so perfect, the lighting is dim and romantic, there are authentic knick-knacks on the capatains railing near the ceiling throughout the restaurant, and many charming old pieces of art, a box phone and lots of other things. I reccommend the big cushy round booth tables, they are so comfortable! Our waitress was so sweet and friendly and made us feel like she was catering to us alone. She never left without looking over or asking if we needed anything. It was such a perfect end to our 5 day road trip!
Oh! and she told us that they had just changed their management, so IGNORE ALL PREVIOUS BAD REVIEWS- THE NEW MANAGEMENT CREATED THE PERFECT TRADITIONAL EXPERIENCE FOR AN UNBEATABLE PRICE!
Best restaurant in Solvang- Absolutely. We have been to Solvang before and I have looked in every restaurant, Im telling you- dont waste time- go here to eat!

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank SuzyBerrione

Been to Bit O'Denmark Restaurant? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK