1,300 results
All reviews hash browns koi pond honor bar private jacuzzi cheese and crackers outdoor fireplace in town yogurt two story hot breakfast hard boiled eggs sitting area free breakfast happy hour shops and restaurants santa barbara the main drag
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We have stayed here twice in the past, but on this trip we upgraded to one of the 4 cottages. 2 floors, 2 fireplaces, 2 flat screens, hot tub in the back, full kitchen, incredible landscaping, great wine tasting every night, friendly staff... what more do you want? OK add one of the coolest towns in CA, a brewery across the street, great restaurants up & down the main street and you have a vacation stop for anyone at any time of the year!!

Room tip: Try a cottage. It is a bit pricey, but worth every dime.
Date of stay: July 2012
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 September 2012

The employees at the Wine Valley Inn were very helpful especially Casey. He made some phone calls for us to local wineries. Also, the accomodations were very nice. The continental breakfast was very good. We are looking forward to staying there again soon.

Reviewed 15 September 2012

Well... What can I say, this was the worst experience of my life. This was Labor Day weekend, room 50. The place is disgusting and is falling apart. Our bed was caved in. The carpets were very dirty. They did not provide us with shampoo, soap etc. All the wood on the building was rotting. Oh.. Did I mention the barking dogs across the hall? When checking out the next day I informed them of all this. They did offer us $40 off our stay.. Big deal. I was told the manager would call me the following Tuesday to discuss giving us a free stay. Did I get a call you ask? NO. Do not stay here, in fact.... RUN!!!!!!!!
RUN FAST!!!!!

Date of stay: September 2012
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
7  Thank Debbiehobson1
Reviewed 6 September 2012

We were referred to this hotel for our vacation to Solvang, CA, by friends who had mentioned the hotel is "charming." We could not have thought otherwise. During our stay over Labor Day weekend, we encountered many issues with the hotel. To name a few:
1. Half of the stairwell, leading to ours and rooms on the 2nd floor, were out of service. The other half, that we used, seemed they should be out of service as well as the wooden steps were angled and seemed as though they would collapse underneath us at any moment.
2. The lights (or lack thereof) in our room made us feel as though we were in a haunted hotel! They would flicker on and off and even sounded as though they were short circuiting. One didn't come on at all.
3. The carpeting was DISGUSTING! Not only did it seem as though the carpeting hadn't been cleaned or replaced for an extremely long time, the furniture was reminiscent of the 1960s.
4. The best part....when we would call down to the front desk, no one would answer so I would have to leave my room and go down to the front lobby to ask a question. One question I had asked was fairly simple - "what channel is ABC?" The front desk person replied, "we don't get it." Since when does a hotel, with a TV and cable, not get a national TV station? If you have TV, you get ABC! We were told we would have to go to the bar to watch the football game we were looking for, only to find out ABC is channel 3!!!!
We would not suggest this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Solvang. The city itself is a one-shift town - opening at 10am and closing around 6pm. A few restaurants and bars stay open later. The area vineyards are beautiful, but I'd recommend going to Napa if you're going to make the trip for wine tasting.

1  Thank KimberD
wine valley inn, General Manager at Wine Valley Inn & Cottages, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2012

Good Afternoon,

I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely apologize for your stay as well as address the concerns you had while staying with us. Now that we have all our plans approved the FULL repair is schedule for this month and I can assure you the open stairs have been inspected and are safe. I am very concerned regarding the condition of the carpet and will personally inspect all carpets to determine any need for replacement and increase our maintenance program for the rest. Regarding ABC, you are absolutely correct, we do have that channel and to be sure this is not an issue again I have printed a new channel guide to identify all channels universally known networks rather than local stations. Lastly I will work with my team to improve our level of customer service to meet all guest standards and expectations.

Sandra Hallmann

Reviewed 5 September 2012

We relocated to this place from Santa Barbara and cold-called the front desk for availability. They were very nice and gave us a large (happened to be ADA) room at a discounted rate, and let us add on nights at the same rate. Room was new, clean and large with a tiled walk-in shower (remember, it was ADA). A/C worked great, bed was comfortable, and staff were pleasant and helpful (we had an issue with a dripping A/C unit, plus the front-counter personnel were great fun). Even though the rooms face a street it is very quiet at night. The hotel is a great starting point for wine tasting activities in the valleys, Solvang is an easily walkable town for touring from here, and it's a short drive to Santa Ynez or Los Olivos for great restaurants. Breakfast was respectable buffet. While this is not a luxury hotel and it doesn't have great amenities, for a cost-effective clean and friendly place to stay, it was a welcome sight (and site) for us.

Room tip: Try to get one of the two newer rooms facing the street (103 or 104). There is little to no street noise.
Date of stay: August 2012