“..Nice Motel 6...”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Simi Valley
Colorado
“..Nice Motel 6...”
Reviewed 10 May 2010

...the other reviews are a bit old, but they seemed a little negative so I was a bit concerned. Years ago I had stayed at this hotel for a couple of weeks, and I found it very nice for a Motel 6... so I left it up to my memories not old reviews!

The hotel was very clean - the room was nice - spic and span clean - new bedspreads - only complaint about the room was the beds! They were very hard, but we were so tired from hours of driving, we didn't care.

The hotel is adjacent to the 118 Freeway so if you're a light sleeper, this hotel is not for your. Don't complain about the freeway noise if you're posting, because you know when you check in there's a freeway next to you. It didn't bother any of us though...

The Front Desk staff was great - very helpful - even gave us extra 10% off our room rates which was nice... Didn't have any problems at all --- this is a nice Motel 6 and you won't have any problems...

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank KUMtngal
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Phoenix
Reviewed 29 December 2008

We were given a corner room right next to a metal staircase. So every guest with luggage banged their way up the stairs at all hours of the day and night. We awoke to one particular guest throwing his luggage unto the top floor instead of usig the stairs! Our room faced the freeway, and you would think they would at least have used noise reducing windows on that side. We traveled 7 hours from Phoenix, so we tried to take a nap...WRONG! On Christmas Eve we awoke once more to the sound of a leaf blower and a lawn mower mowing through the rain-wet grass. As we drove in, there was a big sign advertising WIFI. Really, WIFI? At Motel 6? How many business-class guests really stay there for that? I think their compnay could at least put them up next door at the Holiday Inn if they needed that. What Motel 6 didn't provide was a simple alarm clock, a simple door sign that said clean room or do not disturb (our maid knocked on our door twice while we were tring to gain some much needed sleep), and an inside entrance light with a bulb out so we had to fumble through the dark upon arrival. Like in the other reviews, pay the extra money. You won't regret it.

• Liked — Location to family
  • Disliked — NOISE-NOISE -NOISE and overall cheapness of property (no extra pillows etc.)
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cody K, General Manager at Motel 6 Simi Valley, responded to this review, 6 April 2014
I do apologize for your less than pleasant stay. I am extremely happy to let you know that this property underwent a 100% renovation including management and staff. If you ever decide to give us another chance I would be more than happy to offer you a discount as well as free WIFI. Just ask for Cody!

Cody Kehoe
Motel 6 Simi Valley Ca

Travellers are raving about these Simi Valley hotels

Los Angeles
Reviewed 12 August 2008

This is just to offset some of the earlier comments. It is an "OK" facility for the price. Clean sheets, clean towels, great shower, good TV set. It is a place to spend the night, not a two week vacation. For the price, it works. No, it does not stack up well against a Hilton, but you are not paying $250 a night for a bed either. I've stayed in many Motel 6's (we put the Bibles in them), and I would say this is a middle of the road operation.

Stayed August 2008
glooglish
Reviewed 30 March 2008

Upon check in, all of my family was treated as thieves and dragged out of the car to show ID for each person. After check in, we went to the room to find that it smelled EXTREMELY BAD. The room reeked of cat pee. I went back to the office and requested a new room. He told us there was no rooms available so we went to another hotel, no rooms either. It was 12AM so we were forced to stay in the room overnight. We woke up at 6AM and left the room as soon as possible, canceling our reservation for the next night. We had reserved the room for 3 people and were disappointed to find only 2 towels. When asked for another towel, the man told us they had none, and offered me a floor mat. This was the most unpleasant experience ever. I will never be back.

• Liked — Absolutely NOTHING!!!
  • Disliked — EVERYTHING!
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank glooglish
Santa Rosalia
Reviewed 13 June 2007

I, a frequent Motel 6 guest, will NEVER recommend this one to anyone. Grossly overcharging (72 bucks vs 44 bucks) for similar places. Double billed, and lacking assurance of refund.

On 5/29/2007 I called and made a one night reservation for 5/30/2007. At that time I offered my credit card to guarantee the reservation since I did not know exactly what time I would arrive.

When I arrived on 5/30/2007 and checked in I offered my credit card to pay for the room.

On 6/04/2007 I discovered that I had been billed from both presentations of my credit card, I called the motel, talked to Susan and was assured that 'after due investigation' I would be refunded the first charge.

On 6/13/2007, after seeing that no refund had happened, I once again called and Susan once again assured me that she had turned the problem over to 'Corp'.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Price relative to other motel 6's, response to subsequent complaints, attentiveness of staff at checkin.
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled on business
17.5 km away
Palm Garden Hotel
Palm Garden Hotel
#2 of 9 in Thousand Oaks

Been to Motel 6 Simi Valley? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK