“Homey Little Camping Cabins and Friendly Staff.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shingletown
Living Springs RV & Lodging
Reviewed 29 June 2017

This is a FANTASTIC place to stay that is cheap, and only 15 minutes outside of the northwest entrance to Lassen National Park!

I stayed here with a friend in June 2017. We reserved one of the camping cabins. When I arrived, I learned that I had mixed up my reservation dates and had reserved the cabin for yesterday instead of today! The staff said that it was not a problem, and they were glad I showed up (even if a day late)! I apologized profusely, and they were nice enough to not charge me for messing up my reservation (and I would have paid if they asked because it was my fault).

The camping cabin was about $69 per night after tax. The cabin I was in had a queen size bed in one room (with a small sofa), and a full size bed in the other room. The beds come with a fitted sheet on the bed, and a comforter (no other sheet or blanket or pillow). For an additional $10 per bed, they'll put down a full bedspread on each bed (sheet and blanket in addition to the fitted sheet on the bed and the comforter).

My friend and I opted to just bring our sleeping bags and sleep on top of the comforter, which is what the staff had suggested we could do if you don't want to pay $10 extra per bed for a full bedspread. Or you can bring your own sheets and pillow.

The cabins are small, but come with a small refrigerator, microwave, and AC. They were minimal (these are camping cabins, not luxury cabins) but most importantly they were clean. The cabins had power outlets so you can charge your electronics.

The bathrooms are detached from the cabins in a separate building. Each bathroom is its own separate unit with a shower, toilet, and sink. They were very clean and well kept. Bring your own soap, and shampoo. You may want to bring plastic shower slippers to wear since other people will have used that same shower as well. Toilet paper is provided. If you want hot water for the shower, be sure to have quarters on hand because it's $0.50 per three minutes of hot water.

There is space right next to your cabin to park your vehicle, and a small fire pit not far away so that you can cook food over a fire.

Camping areas are fairly close to the cabins.

The cabins and buildings all have very patriotic decor, featuring history and memorabilia from the early years of the United States of America. Each cabin is named after a famous person from American history.

The campgrounds are very quiet. You're far enough away from the main highway that you don't hear cars driving by. The campground was clean and well kept. At night time, the campground is fairly dark so you definitely feel like you're camping.

I did not have cell phone reception at the campgrounds (I have AT&T wireless service).

I would definitely stay here again. If you're looking for a cheap, quaint, and quiet place to camp near Lassen National Park, then this place is for you!

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

We stumbled into this place when the Nat'l Park campground was full. What a find. The owner couple wok hard to make sure you feel welcome and have a great time. Small intimate park that feels more like a state park than a commercial park. Only has 30 amp but we didn't mind because we were shaded most of the day by giant pine and fir trees. Spaces are gravel and not perfectly level but we didn't mind because of the beautiful setting. We would definitely stay here again if we come back to this area. Camped in our 40' 5th wheel.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 June 2017

I went to this campground for a family reunion booked by others. What a wonderful surprise! I rented a 2 room cabin w/o bath and found I had a clean, neat little niche in the woods with air conditioning, micro wave and fridge! Other cabins had more amenities.

The entire camp was American Revolutionary War themed and extremely tidy. Great common areas and all the people with RVs were pleased with access and accommodations. The communal bathrooms with showers were as nice as anyone's home might be. Clean and decorated, I was amazed. The hosts and other employees were pleasant, helpful and prompt to respond to any request.

General accommodations included a large picnic/BBQ area, a "game box," pond and creek, campfire rings and picnic tables at each station. RV hookups had water and sewage. My cphone had reception most of the time, but data retrieval was slow or non-existent. I did not locate any WiFi.

I've spent a lot of time in the Lassen/Shasta area and will be sure to return, using this lodge as my base camp.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2017

We stayed here for the first time after the Memorial Day weekend and were pleasantly surprised by how peaceful it is. The owners of this park are great people and have done a wonderful job bringing this place to life. The RV park apparently had a bad reputation and lots of questionable tenants when they took over less than three years ago. The RV sites are secluded and woodsy with full hookups. They offer lots of great tent sites too. They have a beautiful creek running through the property, horseshoe pits, a huge BBQ area for groups and lots of cute cabins available for rent in lots of sizes. The bathrooms and laundry room were clean and nice. This was a great find and we can't wait to return. Great job by owners Dave and Arlene and Mike and Barbara. They truly put their hearts into making this a family friendly and cozy place to stay.

Room Tip: Whether looking to camp in an RV or a tent or stay in a cozy cabin this is your place.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Charisse T
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

I just got back from staying in one of the cabins at living springs. There was a full bed, four twin beds, and a pull out couch! Tons of sleeping room! There was also a mini fridge, microwave AND an air conditioner!! It's a pet friendly place, has tent spaces, and RV spaces. There's a creek that goes by one of the campgrounds. They have horseshoes and volleyball-badminton. Also, the bathrooms were REALLY NICE and there was laundry on site. You do need to pay for the hot water for a shower, but .50 for 3 minutes is not bad at all! You can get a nice hot shower for one dollar! The owners were super friendly-and let us check in before the official check in time.

The only drawback was that it is about 45 minutes away from a swim-able lake, and nice hiking trails.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Cavalos111

Been to Living Springs RV & Lodging? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK