See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 May 2017

My visit to Redding was at a very busy time in that area and hotels were short on rooms. I found the Shasta Dam Motel online and decided to give it a try for several days. It is located not far from I-5 but it is almost tucked in a corner, and one can easily miss turning into it. The lady who checked me in was very friendly. It is an older hotel, but my room was clean and I found my bed very clean, the towels replaced each morning and the property quaint. It is almost a throwback from another era, with half a kitchen-type area for cooking and cabinets. It was complete with microwave and Coffee maker. Fast food places such as McDonalds and Burger King are close by as is a small strip mall. I forget if on that mall is a Rite-Aid store, but some type of place such as that is not far. While the Shasta Dam inn may not be to everyone's liking due to age, it served its' purposes for me during my trip to Nearby Redding.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Michael L
Reviewed 24 March 2017

I was excited to visit this quaint little motel on my visit. I came with my children, and checked in the afternoon of my 1 quick night stay, then returned to visit my family that lives in Shasta in order to not have to do all of it I need the dark late at night. We looked around and saw the beds made tight, and visible dust and trash behind the bed, ( oh well, our expectations were not high, this a Shasta motel for Pete's sake) and peeked into the bathroom to find towels on the rack, and a paper cover on the toilet, that said "sanitized." So of course we thought it was cleaned and we were good to back to be with family before returning to sleep. When we returned, we enjoyed walking around the property, BUT THEN, my daughter washed her face and grabbed the towel...attached was a huge tuft of long black hair. (For the record, we both have blonde hair.) Then we pulled the covers back to see sheets that appeared not to be washed, oh and another hair sighting on the back of the pillow. :/ The next morning we took a shower, (wearing our shoes because it's that kind of place) and found a disgusting bar of the soap they provide, used, and full of black hairs. I looked up, and also found someone else's bobby pins and a used bar of Irish spring left also! Obviously the shower was never even opened to clean it. We left really early in the morning and I didn't want to the family owned place, but I knew I needed to let them know of my experience. I called the office the next day, only to have the woman yell at me that I should have told them and they would have given me another room. Well, I certainly didn't want to go to a different room, this obviously was their idea of a cleaned and sanitized room! I just wanted out of there as fast as we could. She also told me she would talk to her "manager" (her husband) and get back to me. Days later I called to speak to them, and the man was so rude and accused me of putting my own hair everywhere...crazy. I have NEVER complained or written any negative review about a place before, but I felt people need to know what they are in for if they decide to give this filthy place a shot.

Room Tip: Say away from this place.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank _epbsmg
Reviewed 27 October 2016

I searched for something affordable with character.. For a night on the road I really didn't want to spend upwards of $65. for simple lodging. We wanted clean, safe, and fun in a pretty setting. We found cheap, decent, and friendly. Think old. Torn carpet. New bed. Good air conditioner. Clean sheets. We would come again. There is room to BBQ outdoors, and to picnic under shade trees. There is a pool, but we came out of season. There are decent rooms with more room inside than you would expect. Kind of a kitchen/dining room plus bedroom/table. Two little tables and two little sinks. Not fancy, but cheap, safe, and decent. Lots of square feet for the price.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Donn W
Reviewed 14 July 2016 via mobile

This motel is family owned and operated. They have water bottles for .50 cents in office. We traveled with two younger girls and they seemed to enjoy the lack of traffic in the lot where they played. The pool was warm and cozy and so inviting my friend hasn't swam in 6 years and she jumped in. Definitely a comfy setting.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank traveler916_530
Reviewed 22 June 2016

First let me say that I am rating Shasta Dam Motel as a "5" in comparison to other motels of it's same type--old motor court type motels from the 1940 & 50's. As you exit off Interstate 5 to get to this motel, you come to an intersection with a recently built modern McDonald's and Rite Aid. But as you turn right at that intersection, the road dips down and you go over a creek and up over a rise into a wooded area and arrive at the motel, it is just like you went through a time warp and went back in time about 60 years!! My wife and I loved this place! Nice circular drive around a green area with a picnic area. Then into the room which we found to be very clean, contrary to what some people have posted here. Comfortable bed. And I really liked that it had a little kitchenette room off you the main hotel room with fridge, microwave, and small dinette table and chairs. The shower was not huge, but I could turn my 200lb body around in it without hitting the walls--but if you are over 6'2'', you might have to duck in the shower as there is not much headroom in there. But nice hot water with plenty of water pressure. The gentleman that runs the motel is very friendly, both the evening we arrived and again in the morning. Also spoke to his wife on the phone before we arrived, and she was also very friendly. And what a deal--made our online reservation for $54 a night!! The best price for a motel room on our entire Northern California/Southern Oregon road trip. Closest motel to Shasta Dam. If you love the sterile feeling all the same corporate type motels/hotels, this might not be the place for you. But if you love a nostalgic feel of a time past, this could be a great place for you!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family