“Birthday dinner out, maybe next time, stay home!”
Review of Walt's Wharf

Walt's Wharf
Reserve with OpenTable
Walt's Wharf is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 98 Restaurants in Seal Beach
Price range: US$ 15 - US$ 35
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 2 October 2018

We found parking (a good thing); upon entering, there were two employees at the hostess stand having a conversation, which they ignored us. When acknowleged the question the hostess asked: "Dinner?" and my daughter said, yes, table for 3 please. Kinda weird. Even though there was a prime table open by the window for sightseeing, we were led almost to last table in the back. Now our server was fine, however, I do wonder about that as all the food we ordered grilled artichoke appetizer, lobster tail, filet mignon and ahi tuna were well seasoned and cooked properly, but even the baked potato on our plates was luke-warm. I really enjoy the aroma of hot, steamy food, as well as eating hot food. This was weird. We had already cracked a $54 dollar bottle of wine, and had a cocktail each (which was advertised as really special- but was just so so for $15 each!), so we were invested to stay. But, we won't be back. Original Fish Company in Los Alamitos for us!

Bill M, Manager at Walt's Wharf, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2018

Tina,

I really want to apologize for your experience at Walt's Wharf that evening. It frustrates me to hear about your entrance into the restaurant. We train our hosts to understand that our guests are our #1 priority. You should have been greeted promptly and respectfully. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the service you received, along with a few of the items you ordered. You are right about hot food, especially a baked potato, this item should be steaming hot upon service. I will bring the to the attention of the Chef. I am sorry you did not find the value in the cocktails you ordered. I create all of the cocktails for the list, and I want every drink to bring value to our guests. Would you mind giving me a call when you have a chance so we can discuss these issues further? I'd love to offer you something so you can come back and give us another try.

562-598-4433 - Bill Meripol (Assistant Manager)

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Nice meal in beautiful Seal Beach. Perhaps a bit over priced, but the service was very good and you can't argue that it's a great location (just a couple of blocks from the pier).

Reviewed 14 September 2018

Great fish restaurant. Very fine cuisine, fresh fish, very good service. I went there 2 times during my last stay in California. Loved it!

Reviewed 12 September 2018

I happened to be in Seal Beach and was in the mood for seafood. So, I stumbled on this gem of a restaurant. I really enjoyed the ambience of this restaurant. The food and staff were excellent. I loved the creamy Boston Clam Chowder. The fresh fish was grilled to perfection. And the Lemon Cake for Dessert was to die for. My waitress was very friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 3 September 2018

We recently enjoyed a spur of the moment happy hour at Walt's! The small plates selection was great! We chose the Fish tacos and Fish Tostada. The portions were really large and filling...a pleasant surprise! We each enjoy a glass of the house wine. the prices are great! And to top it off the staff are friendly and fun! Really enjoyed chatting with Olivia! And you can't beat the view looking out at Main St. and people watching. But a word of advice....go early! We did but it was getting pretty crowded as we left! Enjoy!