“Funeral Trip” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
San Diego
“Funeral Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

The hotel was wonderful. It made a bad situation much better. Thank you to Kelli at the counter for being such a great hostess!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Duncan, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

This is a relatively small hotel in Southern California. It offers quiet, well appointed rooms. The complimentary breakfast buffet is excellent. The staff are good and make you feel at home. All together it is a pleasant place to stay.

The downside is that there is no food service other than breakfast. They do supply a list of local eateries, but no indication of quality. Hard to find a good place to eat close by unless you like fast food.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

We've stayed in this beautiful hotel 3 more times since my original review. It's just perfect every time!!! They have an evening manager's reception that's complimentary, a gorgeous lobby, luxurious bedding and linens for an excellent night's sleep! and a wonderful full hot breakfast is included, complete with omelet and waffle station, cooked to order, sausage, bacon, fruit, etc. Not your ordinary continental breakfast! This was important to us, because we had friends and family flying in for our son's wedding last year, and I felt good knowing they got a good price for a wonderful hotel, impeccably clean, great staff, and could enjoy a great breakfast on the house! When we were there for the wedding, as many guests checked in in the evening, the kind staff opened up their breakfast room for us, so we could all visit together over wine, without having to cram everyone into our room. We (of course) cleaned up after ourselves, and turned the lights out before leaving. Also, upon arrival in our room, as a thank you for booking a block of rooms for the wedding, they had truffles on the bed, wine and glasses on the table, and a basket of goodies for our enjoyment, with their compliments. :) And there is a beautiful patio area where our group visited the night after the wedding, and the staff came out and turned on the huge outdoor fireplace for us, brought blanket throws out for us, and 2 enormous bottles of wine for us, with their compliments! Every one of our guests told us how much they liked staying there.
And although it's right off the freeway, that not only made it convenient, but it's nearby so many restaurants and great shopping, so guests also enjoyed the convenience of shopping right there!
We have another son getting married next month, and we didn't even think twice about where to stay! The Ayers hotel was perfect!!! You will not regret staying there. I promise!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Seal Beach, responded to this review, 27 April 2012
Dear 6boys4me -

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to welcome you on three more occasions and, specifically, during such a celebratory event. We know weddings are a time for joy, laughter, and catching up with family so it was our pleasure to provide you with a venue for the latter. We also know that a wedding can be stressful and it is important for the guests of the bride and groom to be as comfortable as possible. I am pleased that the provided accommodations as well as the hotel's close proximity to shopping and restaurants assisted in meeting this goal. You truly honor us with your recommendation. We look forward to having you during your son's upcoming wedding. Thank you again.

Warm regards,

San Joaquin Valley
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

The Ayres Seal Beach is an elegant hotel at a family price. An internet discount made my cost far less than any other comparable, surrounding area hotels that still didn't live up to the quality of Ayres Seal Beach. I have very high standards for customer service and cleanliness. The Ayres exceeded those standards. I appreciated no charge for using the parking lot that so many other like-hotels charge. The lobby is beautiful and comfortable. Check-in and check-out are very quickly handled by the friendly and helpful staff.

The location is smack in the center of 3 freeways that will connect you to many popular areas of So Cal. Having a full breakfast included in the price can save a family money. The only thing I would suggest is for the chef to alternate each day the bacon and sausage rather than offering the same meat for a whole week. I only had time once to enjoy the evening snacks. Bottled water should be added in with the other drinks as well.

Being there for 10 days/9 nights was like a home away from home. I appreciated the laundry room down the hall from my room since I had many clothes to wash. This immaculate room also includes the ice and soda machine. Housekeeping does an excellent job keeping the entire hotel clean, sanitary, and looking brand new. I think they even change out the comfy quilt before new customers check in. It appalls me how many hotels avoid cleaning blankets, quilts, bed coverings until they are really disgusting. I won't go into that....

I was working 2 different laptops at the comfortable desk in my room and did not have a problem with Ethernet or Wi-Fi. It was nice to have a good size refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker.

The marble & tile bathroom is huge. It privately separates the shower/tub and toilet from the sink area. Again, it's all very clean with lots of fluffy towels changed daily if you so prefer. The sitting area includes a sofa, coffee table, and small marble-top table with two chairs where you can eat or even do more business tasks. The flat screen TV is nice and located inside a huge Armoire that contains plenty of drawers for all your clothing. The mirrored closet is also roomy with lots of hangers and iron/board.

I didn't have a chance to use the outdoor pool and spa but they looked refreshing. The covered, outdoor courtyard is very pleasant with lots of sturdy tables and chairs. Many chose to eat their breakfast here rather than inside. There's even a working outdoor fireplace to add to the ambiance.

There are plenty of banks/ATMs, shopping centers, gas stations, churches, restaurants, and fast food places, some located within walking distance and the rest all along both sides of Seal Beach Blvd./Los Alamitos Blvd. Unlike many other 3-story hotels, this one has two elevators. Yes, I feel spoiled from my stay and miss the housekeeping now that I'm back home. :-)

If I could suggest just one main thing in the future, it would be for the Ayres Seal Beach to offer Concierge service. I had lots of luggage for my long stay and it was not easy putting it all onto the cart and then trying to push it back inside to fit into the elevator and down to my room. I also had a good distance to take the cart outside as there is not a designated zone for loading and unloading and I certainly wasn't going to park in one of the nearby handicap spaces.

As much as I also enjoy the DoubleTree Hotel Spectrum in Irvine, Ca., the Ayres Seal Beach far surpasses the good things they also have to offer (except for the cookie!!).

Without hesitation, I highly recommend the Ayres Hotel Seal Beach and look forward to one day cashing in my Stash Points (once they build up) for a "free" room. Thank you, Ayres Hotel Seal Beach for having a large, bedroom window that fully opens for that fresh, cool, beach air! It kept me from using the wall A/C most of the time.

Room Tip: The Hotel is L-shaped so the views will vary... from a freeway view, a Seal Beach Blvd. view, and th...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank APH2012
AyresHotels, General Manager at Ayres Hotel Seal Beach, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Dear APH2012 -

Thank so so much for your very kind and thorough review of Ayres Hotel Seal Beach. We appreciate you choosing our hotel for your stay and are so pleased that you found every aspect of the hotel exceptional. Our team strives exceedingly hard to ensure every aspect of the hotel, from the warm welcome to the accommodations to the complimentary full breakfast, lends itself to comfort and convenience. I am proud we were able to provide these things for you and will be sure to share your comments with the team here at Ayres Hotel Seal Beach. The highest honor a hotel can achieve is a guest recommendation, so yours is greatly appreciated. We hope to welcome you back very soon.

Many thanks,

Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

Great hotel with very clean rooms and courteous staff. About 4 miles from the Seal Beach Pier so a bit of a walk. Lots of amenities close by. Staff are excellent and extremely helpful and friendly, especially Jerry.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear Darn_119 -

Thank you for choosing Ayres Hotel Seal Beach for your stay and for taking the time to share your experience with fellow travelers. We strive to provide our guest with exceptional accommodations and amenities, so it is wonderful to know that found your stay so remarkable. As you stated, we are close to the pier and also have many local restaurants and shops nearby, so there is always something to entertain. Perhaps next time you will have the opportunity to visit Spaghettini Grill & Lounge, which offers delicious food and phenomenal entertainment. We hope to welcome you again very soon.

Safe travels,

2.1 km away
Hampton Inn & Suites Seal Beach
15.9 km away
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach R...
#1 of 20 in Huntington Beach
#8 of 56 in Long Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 5,528 reviews
11.8 km away
Hotel Maya - a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel

Been to Ayres Hotel Seal Beach? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK