“Delightful Gallery”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Mark Reuben Gallery
Reviewed 15 January 2018

We were heading to catch a ferry back to San Francisco when a large, framed, black-and-white photograph in this gallery’s window stopped me in my tracks. The dramatic image showed an earlier-era Cliff House in San Francisco perched on rocks with a black cloud overhead and a bolt of lightening brightening the sky. I went inside to determine what the cost would be unframed and to look around.

I found a wonderful treasure trove of large, matted, black-and-white photos, originally captured years ago. There were entertainers, such as James Stewart (autographed); politicians, such as the young Kennedy brothers — Bobby, Ted and Jack — standing together; and evironmentalists Teddy Roosevelt and John Muir in Yosemite, taken in 1900. Sports figures ranged from boxing greats to track-and-field personalities. Other genres included history, landscapes, prohibition, women in history, the West and the list goes on and on. I especially liked the wonderful vintage photos of San Francisco and thought that all that I looked at were of high quality.

I was greeted soon after entering the store and invited to look around. There was no pressure to buy. About five others wandered through the small area at the same time. Alas, I only could stay for about 10 minutes because of the ferry schedule. But I noted that photos can be mailed, and I can’t get the Cliff House out of my mind.

Reviewed 24 December 2014

Found this place while out exploring Sausalito. My coworker and I browsed through so many pictures while we were here... everything from early 1900's baseball to Nascar. Even found some authentic signed Babe Ruth baseballs! Definitely worth a visit.