“Best chicken tacos in the States!”

Copita Tequileria y Comida
Ranked #16 of 84 Restaurants in Sausalito
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Literally the best dish in San Francisco area. Take a car ride across the Golden Gate Bridge or a ferry across the bay to Copita in Sausalito for the best chicken tacos in the world. I love Mexican food, I frequent it any chance I get. Even had tacos in Mexico a few times. I'm telling you these tacos are second to none. The chicken is roasted whole and then shredded. Fresh avocado and tomatoes topped with the real winner, a creamy cheese sauce that will knock your socks off. I live in Florida, these tacos were so good I'll fly across country just to eat these tacos again.

Reviewed 2 April 2017

Went here for lunch. Great service and unusual dishes. Great margaritas. Four of us all had different dishes. The guacamole was outstanding. Good tortilla soup, great tacos and good duck appetizer. Not your standard Mexican food, but very fresh and tasty

Reviewed 2 April 2017

Knew we had to visit on a recent vacation to the area after learning that they had a 100% gluten-free food menu and margaritas! Ended up coming twice after an amazing first trip. Great location right by the waterfront, welcoming space, friendly staff and excellent food. I enjoyed the beer-battered fish tacos on the first visit, and the pork and pineapple tacos on the second. The handmade tortillas were amazing, and the house margarita was fantastic, loved the presentation with the single large ice cube. Can't miss!

1  Thank Jenni T
Reviewed 29 March 2017

This is a higher end Mexican restaurant, with higher end prices to match. But if you prefer a well prepared meal with nicely balanced and subtle flavors this is the place to go in Sausalito.

The Tacos are very good (but not the best I've ever had - for that go to Tacofino in Vancouver, BC) and the guacamole is awesome. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere, and the wait staff are friendly and efficient.

If you're in Sausage-alito this is worth a try!

Reviewed 28 March 2017

We arrived into Sausalito looking for some late lunch and walked into this restaurant thinking that the menu looked quite nice, we ordered the Green Aguachile - 14
Shrimp | scallops | tomatillo lime, serrano & cilantro marinade |
cucumber| red onion | radish | spring onions and 4 x tacos. Well unfortunately the chef didn't put any scallops into the ceviche, only shrimps... we spooned through the dish hoping that the dish would be as described, but alas no, despite the description on the menu there were no scallops, not even one! I spoke with the waitress (who was terse and serving on her own) on finishing our meal we let her know of this oversight and she went away to speak with the chef. She returned to us with the check... how rude! No, "I'm sorry but the chef told me that they DID put scallops in the dish, you must be mistaken sir, may I offer you anything else?" So I spoke with the manager who basically treated me as a liar and a cheat and proceeded to rob me of my hard earned cash for an incomplete meal. These people are crooks, I gave the staff every opportunity to correct their mistakes but was treated so badly that I would be hard pushed into ever recommending anybody to eat here.