Great staff, beautiful location, extremely clean, and Internet is up and running! I am a little hesitant to do the review only because it is one of the best kept secrets in the West! I have stayed at this hostel multiple times and meet the most fascinating people from all over the world and the staff has repeatedly been top-notch each time.
The bedding, rooms, bathroom, kitchen, common areas are all super clean, the staff are friendly (especially if you are kind to them...remember, they are people too!), the locations is unbelievable. I visit as often as I can. Sometimes I go just to do my studies and get away from the home-fires and this past weekend I took a group of 8 for a yoga retreat. The Main House and the Annex offer their own little particular offerings that are very special in their own way; if you need more interaction with other people you may want to ask for the Main House, if you are looking for quiet-time I would suggest the Annex. Most importantly, take responsibility for yourself and read the offerings on the website, if you need coffee made for you in the morning, then this is not what you are looking for (bring and make your own), it is a hostel, not a bed and breakfast. Yes, some hostels offer a continental breakfast, but, this hostel is very clear in that it does not. If you are kind and of gentle nature there are people who will probably serve you coffee and invite you to share their breakfast...we had several hostel visitors hang out with us and we made sure there was coffee for everyone! Love the staff (Oak was the best Host during our time and we all enjoyed his presence and friendliness!) and the nature guide, Illena (spelling?) she was the perfect fit for our yoga group Saturday night, thanks Brian and staff for making our stay the best ever! Namaste... Susan (--)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- HI-Marin Headlands is your ticket to breathtaking ocean vistas and trails that lead to scenic beaches, forests, and rolling hills. Nestled in a wooded setting five minutes from the Golden Gate Bridge, HI-Marin Headlands provides low-cost accommodations in historic buildings in the Golden Gate National Recreation Area. Both shared and private rooms available, as well as a fully equipped guest kitchen, common room with woodstove and piano, game room, on-site laundry, and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia and HostelWorld so you can book your HI Marin Headlands Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hi Marin Headlands Hotel Sausalito
- HI Marin Headlands Hostel Sausalito, CA - Marin County