All reviews historic hotel carriage house the main hotel coffee house railroad square fresh fruit continental breakfast wine country homeless people bagels within walking distance antique shops floor room wonderful hotel russian river brewery the general manager bars and restaurants
Reviewed 10 September 2018

I stayed here for one night as I was passing through wine country. I stayed in the courtyard of rooms just across the road from the main hotel. It was great! The room was big with a lovely balcony where I could sit and read and have my morning coffee (there is also a nice coffee house across the road). The shower was surprisingly old-fashioned, compared to the modernity of the room in general, but this is just a small quibble. I would happily stay here again, and, unlike many hotels, it is also well-suited for a multi-night stay. And the selection of bars and restaurants in Santa Rosa is, in my opinion, far superior to Napa in both variety, quality and price.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
Jeff W, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Dear Paula W.,

Thank you for your stay with us and for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your room in our Carriage House and took advantage of our convenient location in historic Railroad Square. i hope to have the opportunity to host you again.

Reviewed 2 September 2018

Lovely place, helpful/friendly staff, nice breakfast. The only negative was that the hallway and my room itself smelled like an old person's home. This can be easily remedied with new carpets and upholstery. It is not necessary that an historic hotel be fusty, certainly not one that is this expensive.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Jeff W, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear PainAuChocolat17,

Thank you for you stay with us and thanks, too, for taking the time to write your review. I apologize that our condition of our carpets affected your stay. We are currently developing a refurbishing program for our historic Main Building that will address the issues that you mentioned in your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit in spite of concerns mentioned. Thanks again for your stay.

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed two nights in this hotel when visiting Sonoma for some wine tasting. We stayed in their Carriage building and the rooms are modern and spacious. The beds are very comfy. The breakfast was adequate, we liked the fresh fruit. We missed a fridge in our room and it would be better to have dark curtains to darken the rooms to have a better sleep.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank saiho
Jeff W, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2018

Dear Saiho,

Thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to write your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your guest room in our Carriage House. Thank you for your suggestions concerning an in-room refrigerator and blackout curtains. We will take these suggestions into consideration, as we are constantly making improvements to improve our guests' experience.

Thank you again for your visit.

Reviewed 9 August 2018 via mobile

Quaint but needs serious updating.
Great walking distance to local restaurants and near downtown but the park across street is sketchy. Staff is very nice and very helpful. Love the coffee places across the street-two good ones to choose from.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Jeff W, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2018

Dear Nancy,

Thank you for your stay with us and for your review I am pleased that you enjoyed our staff and convenient location in historic Railroad Square. I hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

We shared a family room that had a little balcony. Spacious bathroom, standard breakfast with fresh strawberries and other fruit. Very quiet and well kept rose garden. Just a short walk away from all restaurants and there is also a nice coffee shop right across the street.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Jeff W, General Manager at Hotel La Rose, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Dear Bubblechoc,

Thank you for your recent visit with us and for taking the time to write your review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your guest room in our Carriage House and took advantage of our convenient location in historic Railroad Square. I hope to host you again soon.