“Great food, but still 4 star experience - please read below”

La Rosa Taquileria and Grille
Ranked #21 of 590 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: At La Rosa Tequileria & Grille we strive to take flavors found in traditional Mexican food and create exciting modern dishes while celebrating some of our favorite classics. We make everything we serve in-house and from scratch, and you can taste the difference. Try our Scallop and Chorizo Ceviche or our Ancho Chile Salmon, or enjoy classic dishes like Chicken Enchiladas or our rich Carne Asada Traditionale.La Rosa features over 160 artisan tequilas including dozens of rare and special finds. Join us for one of our tequila tastings, or indulge in one of our tasting flights to learn more about the fruits of agave plant. We can accommodate and sized event, all the way up to 300 people. Ask about how you can hold your next event at La Rosa!
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

The food was great, no complains.
The reason why I give 4 stars is because my mom burnt her hand on the hot iron skillet. My mom never goes out and eats in, also at other Mexican restaurants I’ve been to they always leave a glow on the iron skillet handle in case one wants to pick it to put some on their plate. Here the server took it off and when mom picked it, she burned her hand a little.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

A little challenging finding parking as it’s downtown Santa Rosa. Nice look from the outside and very spacious inside. Nice atmosphere too. The salsa is very tasty but the chips could have been crisper. I ordered the carnitas which is something I love. I was somewhat disappointed. The meat was juicy but not enough crispy bits and it was not very flavorful. The portions of everything were really good though. Friends got fajitas which were good and the special,red snapper, which was excellent. I ordered a lovely white wine and had their mexican chocolate mousse. That was an amazing dessert! The prices were very reasonable and the service excellent. I would go back.

Reviewed 19 August 2018 via mobile

We visited the downtown area and big shopping mall, worked up an appetite and spotted this great find. This place is very large and has a great vibe. The place has been decorated really cool and lots of big rooms to enjoy. The bar area is great, a couple different patios for dining and people watching and the kitchen is busting out some very tasty food. I had the carne asada street tacos that were amazing, great burritos and quite an extensive menu. Wish we could drop back in for dinner.

Reviewed 28 July 2018

Although they had a gluten free menu, the staff was not knowledgeable about how important the information they share with a person with celiacs is. They told my husband he couldn't eat the chips because it was fried with other breaded items. Great to know. When he got his chicken tacos they came with a fried corn shell. Our server told us it was ok because they fry the shells in the morning. Twenty minutes later the manager came out and told us the information was incorrect after the tacos had been eaten. They did comp his meal but no apologies were given. The gesture was nice but a small price to pay on their part for him getting sick. Others in our party said the food was good, not great. Salsa was excellent, chips were greasy. The patio seating was nice.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

Must say their fish tacos are the best I’ve ever tasted. The guacamole is absolutely fabulous and chips always fresh and crispy. Add in a pitcher of margaritas and you are halfway to heaven