“Wine tasting and walking tour”

St. Francis Winery & Vineyards
Reserve with OpenTable
St. Francis Winery & Vineyards is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 590 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Great experience at St. Francis vineyards. My family and I came to check out the winery. We took a walk through vineyards, tried some grapes and learned a lot of how the vines are planted. Then we came back to the winery to a tasting and cheese pairing and it was delicious. We enjoyed every sip and every bite. Also, the server Keith was very informative.

Reviewed 5 October 2018

The star is supposed to be the wine. Unfortunately, it is outclassed by the food. The wine is good, but the food is amazing. It is a gastronomical treat. The explanations of the food & wine are excellent although it was not always clear to me why that particular dish was paired with that particular wine.
If I had a complaint it would be that the portions are too large or the pours too small. I kept running out of wine.
We will return.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

My wife and I stopped by for a classic wine tasting as we had a 2/1. The grounds of the winery are very nice a good for picture taking. We had our tasting at the bar in the main room. We are familiar with St. Francis wines so this was a pleasurable experience. They are known for their reds and we enjoyed a number of different varieties. The server let us try several additional wines when she saw that we did not care for some of the selections that were given to us.

Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

Lunch at St. Francis was the planned highlight of our week long vacation in Sonoma. Upon arrival we were greeted in the bar with a splash of Chardonnay. We were seated promptly in a beautiful large room along with 14 other guests, seated around two semi-circled tables. The views through the large windows are glorious. The two friendly servers introduce each wine and food pairing. White wine drinkers will be disappointed that only one - a Chardonnay - was served. The other wines were a Merlot, a Cabernet, a Zinfandel and a port. We enjoyed four of the five courses. The rice noodle/lobster dish was outstanding, and my wife very much enjoyed the duck confit and the sea bass dishes. However we were disappointed by the main dish, which was a minced Japanese pork and beef patty. As one guest remarked, it reminded him of a Salisbury steak. Dessert was rather ordinary: Lemon pound cake and ice cream. Hopefully the new chef will raise his game as time goes on. But all in all a memorable experience.

Reviewed 21 September 2018

We came here 6 months ago and it was so wonderful that we came again but we were very disappointed this time~come to find out that they have a new chef which explains the major problem.
It is sad when we both agreed that the only good things were the vanilla ice cream with the huckleberry sauce and the port.
The lobster chow mein had very little flavor ~ just the 3 small bites of lobster tasted deceit.
The pan seared white sea bass was cooked too long and was dried out.
The duck confit was dry also.
The worst was the beef and pork “meatloaf” that was served in a weird bowl and was hard and not worth a second bite.
The wines were OK but nothing special.
At the end the hosts said if we wanted another sip of wine to let them know, so my HH asked one host for a bit more of the port. Nothing happened, so after a few minutes he asked the other host for a bit more but again she brought nothing. After we left the table and we were standing at the register paying, my HH said aloud, that it would have been nice to have more port. So as we were leaving, suddenly a host brings a glass of port to which my HH replied that it was too late now since we were leaving.
We will NOT come back because $72 a person for ice cream, sauce and port, is too expensive and besides there was the poor service.
The only good thing to say was they did a nice job at preparing gluten free dishes for me~too bad they did not taste good.