“Nice staff. Clean room. But bed bugs”

Motel 6 Santa Rosa South
Ranked #24 of 25 Hotels in Santa Rosa
Reviewed 1 August 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for one night.
The room was clean and the airconditioner was powerfull and cool.... although there were only two small towels in the room, not really big enough to properly dry off with.

Good location. Within walking distance to the mall and whole foods. However I woke up several times during the night to find different spots on my body that were itching. At first the bites looked like mosquito bites.... Or maybe even spider...but over some houres and the whole next day they transformed into the very swolen and blister like bites that I know come from bed bugs.... (because I was bitten by bed bugs at another motel before...the bites have certain recognizable characteristics).
The whole process is so unpleasant. My right hand swelled up so large I could hardly close it. It is a somewhat tramatic expirence to have.

Apparany bed bugs are very common.... So I don't necessarily blame this motel... It could hsppen anywhere. But I do think people should know about it.

This was my second time staying here. The first time almost two years ago was fine no bugs....
I might stay here again, but would probably choose the other motel 6 first.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank sjr2787

Reviewed 10 September 2011

For a point of reference, we usually stay in very basic places. I think I've only paid more than $60 for a room once or twice in the past 5 years or so. (We didn't pay for this one, a relative did.) I considered the room to have a very acceptable level of cleanliness. For example, walking around with bare feet and my feet stayed clean. If cleanliness is your minimum standard you'll be fine. We were here for 5 days and I several interactions with the staff. No problems there either.

However (and you know there is a however) I amazed exactly how bare bones they got! No breakfast is clearly stated on the motel web site. This place also had no coffee maker in the room (so no hot water for us instant oatmeal people) and they don't even distribute shampoos/conditioners/lotions--only tiny bars of soap. Free coffee w/ powdered creamer IS available in the hotel lobby, but no hot water for oatmeal or tea. No iron in the room, no iron to borrow from the lobby, no ironing board in the room. Not even a clock of any sort in the room. (I'm sure the lobby would give you a wake up call, we never asked.)

The biggest insult of all? $2.99 at a time for 24 hours of mediocre wi-fi!! Wi-fi signal was not strong enough to watch hulu without allot of fits and starts.

Anyway, I would recommend this room for a quick overnight stay. I would be more hesitant about staying here for a longer period.

Room Tip: We were in room 227, the first non-smoking room next to the smoking rooms. The fan in the bathroom...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank deelightfull
Reviewed 2 September 2011

I am there to sleep
its satisfactory, overall nice time
at the chain, keep it up, but lover the price
in and around the bay area, 70usd at
motel6 in south sf is too much even thou its
close to the airport)))

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Pretty glad I hadn't read the reviews on here before we checked in or we would have just kept driving. All other hotels we called on the way into town were booked. The room we got was what we paid for (79$ for four). Nothing roomy or fancy, no frills by any means, but
clean. The other guests checking in looked like us, middle of the road couples and families. Our room was farthest from the office and overlooked a warehouse-type area. We never saw any people loitering in the parking lot or any evidence
of drug dealing or prostitution. We did not go by the other Motel 6 in the area so I don't know if people got their reviews mixed up between the two.
Front desk guy was very pleasant. Outside walkways could use a good power washing.

• Stayed: August 2011
2  Thank JKfamilywanderers
Reviewed 13 August 2011

The room itself wasn't that bad BUT......there was drug dealing and prostitution out in the bad parking lot (which where our room was). Police circling the parking lots all night long.
I know that the hotel staff know whats going on so if you want good reviews in the future....KICK THESE PUNKS OUT!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
4.9 km away
Redwood Inn
Redwood Inn
#13 of 25 in Santa Rosa

Been to Motel 6 Santa Rosa South? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK