“Amazing service and fantastic food! Great atmosphere! ”
Review of Trattoria Cattaneo

Trattoria Cattaneo
Ranked #24 of 590 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 21 October 2016 via mobile

MARIO is amazing & so chill! Service was excellent. Food came out at perfect times and drinks kept flowing! I didn't have to ask for anything. Mario definitely took care of us! The food is fabulous! Beyond my expectations! The atmosphere is perfect! I had such a great time! Delicious food! Awesome staff! I wish I lived closer- I would be a regular... but I will return everytime I'm near (just to hear your accent Mario;) LOL! Thank you so much!

Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

This is such an excellent place that we always visit when in the area. Awesome, attentive service and great Italian food.
Also an excellent deal with very reasonable prices.
Fairly good wine list, including local selections.
Too much food for one sitting, but definitely going to eat when at home.
Thank you, Trattoria Cattaneo!

Reviewed 12 October 2016

Wanted a new place for my birthday dinner with daughters, their husbands and grandson. My grandson found this place via testimonials for it and knowing I love Italian food. I grew up on Long island NY and am often disappointed in "Italian" food. We all had something different - to start with we ordered bruschetta and we all wanted more, it was truly delicious- my chicken Marsala was so very flavorful, my grandsons pesto gnocchi was just right for him and got to snag a tasty tidbit, very good and the pesto sauce for me was better then what I make. Report was the Linguini Vongole was so good not a drop was left on the plate. The lasagna my daughter ordered had to be split to take home also as it was huge and a very hearty lasagna like I have made myself...full of a good meat sauce and lots of cheese -- I will go back for my own. Other hubby ordered the ravioli but not sure what the meat was as he pretty much ate it all himself ;-) As a family and as couples we will be going back. The server we had was a delight, friendly and very attentive and just what one hopes for in a highly recommended restaurant. Kudos to the chefs and the staff!!

1  Thank ccshoppe
Reviewed 11 October 2016

This was a first time experience at Trattoria Cattaneo. We selected this restaurant based on the reviews.
Immediately, we were impressed with the attentiveness of the owner.
Bread arrived along with a wonderful tapenade.
Water glasses were refilled as needed.
We ordered wine, salads, two specials but no dessert. Pasta cooked correctly. We enjoyed our meals very much.
Service was attentive but not obtrusive - perfect.
I will say that the inside part of the restaurant (there is an entrance dining patio too) can get very loud. There was a large group of loud drinkers and when they were talking (yelling), we could not speak to one another. Once their food arrived, they quieted down. So, if there is a loud group nearby, prepare for a lot of racket due to the concrete floors. This isn't a quiet restaurant under regular circumstances but it is deafening if you are sharing the room with noisy patrons.
Probably best to have reservations because it was a packed house.
We were so impressed that the owner made a point to greet every customer as well as thank them upon their departure, in fact, running after people as they exited.
When we are ready for some good Italian food again, we will return.

Reviewed 3 October 2016 via mobile

We were staying in Healdsburg and stopped in Santa Rosa for dinner after a day on the coast. Enjoyed the Caesar salad, linguine with clams, house Chianti, and beef ravioli. A real family place with lots of locals that the staff and owners clearly know and welcome with all the enthusiasm you can imagine. They also seem genuinely happy to see newcomers and encourage you to join in the fun. Would go again.