“Nice Italian in strip center”
Review of Trattoria Cattaneo

Trattoria Cattaneo
Ranked #25 of 572 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 September 2016

Met for business lunch. Nice décor, good service. My eggplant parmesan was average. My companion eats here a lot and loves it.

Reviewed 23 August 2016

What a find! If you've been to Italy you'll think your back. The feel is that of a Italian family trattoria with family photos on display and Italian music playing. The staff is very friendly and helpful with suggestions on food and wine. The menu is full of wonderful homemade choices. The portions are huge and great to share. Their wine list has a large section of Italian wines by the glass and bottle. The glass pours are very generous and well priced! We came for lunch and now plan to go back for dinner.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

My first experience at Trattoria Cattaneo will be the first of many. Set in a small shopping center in an unpretentious location, this place is fabulous. From the moment we walked in to a packed dining room on a weekday and the wonderful aroma of whatever was being created in the kitchen, I knew this was no run of the mill Italian restaurant. Exemplary service from the moment we sat down to when our meals arrived..wow. I am a Lasagna aficionado and very critical, but I would have to rank the Lasagna I ordered as perhaps the finest I have ever had. The garlic bread was insanely good, and my only regret was that I could not try the dishes on the other tables too. This place is a Sonoma County gem!

Reviewed 27 July 2016

Our Saturday luncheon at this delightful Sonoma County Trattoria reminded us of our many visits to Italy. Truly authentic and delicious food... ALL handmade by Julia on site, She and Riccardo were gracious hosts and saw to our every need. The no corkage policy makes this the perfect stop for dinner after a day of wine tasting. We ordered many courses and shared all of the scrumptious tastes and flavors. Don't forget to enjoy their amazing Tiramisu!

Reviewed 27 July 2016 via mobile

We had lunch here with our teenage boys. We haven't had such good Italian food in a long time! The lasagna is out of this world! The meatballs are huge and perfectly spiced, though the spaghetti sauce is a little ho-hum (a few cayenne peppers fixed that!). They even have gluten free penne. Great service.