“A taste of the Caribbean without leaving Santa Rosa”
Review of El Coqui

El Coqui
Ranked #25 of 548 Restaurants in Santa Rosa
Cuisines: Puerto Rican
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 19 July 2017

The restaurant has a nice feel to it and our waitperson was helpful in explaining its Puerto Rican entrees. Our meals were fabulous. To start we had the plantain chips with avocado. This could be a meal in itself. I had the sweet plantain stuffed with ground beef. It was served with red beans and rice and more avocado. It was fabulous but a lot of food. My husband had the baked pork chops, black beans, rice. It was a lovely taste of food not usually available.

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

I love El Coqui! The food here is amazing. Always friendly, attentive service. I wish they had a patio! This place makes you feel like you're at the beach.

Reviewed 10 July 2017

Great food, sangria, coconut flan! Their signature chicken dish is to die for but all of their food is excellent. It's right down town Santa Rosa and easy to find. Great place!

Reviewed 6 June 2017

Food was awesome. Everything we tried was great. Staff was very friendly and attentive. Chiccharon Chicken was great. Beans and rice were great. Sweet plantains = yum.
Best food in downtown Santa Rosa

Reviewed 28 March 2017

Not everywhere in the Bay Area can you get authentic Puerto Rican food and this place did not disappoint. Went there for lunch and everyone ate up. Had rice & beans, plantain and chicken. Dessert was limited but delicious as well (coconut ice cream and cuave and chees empanadas). My only minor issue is they didn't have white meat chicken (so as long as you like thigh meat you will be golden).

The place has cool Latin music playing in the background, and friendly attentive waitresses. The bar is a good size too (even though I didn't sit there) so I imagine in the evenings it probably has a nice festive atmosphere. My only minor issue is they didn't have white meat chicken (so as long as you like thigh meat, you will be golden). Prices were fair for the amount of food we ate, so I would definitely recommend it.