Vintners Inn
Hotel La Rose(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
US$ 204
Best Western Plus Garden Inn(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
US$ 173
US$ 150
North Bay Inn(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
US$ 137
US$ 133
The Astro(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
US$ 203
Hotels.com
  • Pool
US$ 207
US$ 197
Courtyard Santa Rosa(Santa Rosa)(Great Value!)
US$ 239
Courtyard
All reviewsjohn ash restaurantturn down serviceferrari caranoupstairs fireplace roompower plantjogging pathwine countryhalf bottle of winebeautiful groundsvineyard viewthree buildingsprivate patiositting areacoffee serviceeach morningon site restaurantrooms are spacious
Reviewed 5 March 2008

We were very pleased with the Vintner's Inn. Our room was on the ground level, and had a nice view of the vineyard across the lawn. The bed was very soft and comfortable - it was hard to get up! The free breakfast wasn't terribly impressive, but we ordered tasty entrees off the $9 breakfast menu.

It was a bit strange that that our room didn't have a DVD player, but the book said we could get one from the front desk for an additional $10. We decided to go ahead and pay for the DVD player but when we brought it back to the room, it didn't work with our TV and they didn't have another one that did. Odd.

Overall, a nice property and I would stay here again, but it was strange that they were nickel-and-diming for a DVD player when we were already paying wine-country rates for the room.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank rcgranger
Reviewed 20 February 2008

We stayed here on the first night of our 5 day trip in wine country. The second you drive onto the property... you enter into your own little world. The grounds are beautiful and well-maintained.

We stayed in room 315 and loved its cozy, welcoming feel. When we got into the room, we opened the complimentary half-bottle of wine and enjoyed it on our patio overlooking the courtyard. We'd definitely recommend staying at Vintners if you're looking for a true getaway with minimal interruptions.

Before dinner that evening, we stopped at the bar in the John Ash restaurant for a drink. Granted, it was Valentine's Day and there was a crowd, but the bartender told us that she could "find us a wine list if we really needed one." We decided to leave on that note, and head to our dinner reservation in town (~1m away) at Syrah Bistro.

While we certainly appreciated the complimentary continental breakfast (or $1 off a breakfast entree), it may be better to either offer a more significant discount (i.e. $5 off) or none at all. We'd also like to suggest hiring someone to assist with luggage since 50% of the rooms are on the 2nd floor.

Overall, we definitely enjoyed our stay and suggest that you begin your wine country travels at Vintners, too!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2008

We also stayed on the Travelzoo stay for my fiance's 32nd birthday. The room was wonderful, the tub is deep and wonderful to soak in with a nice book. The snack bar was not outrageously priced as we expected, and turndown service cookies were divine.

The only improvement I would recommend to them would be the pathways that lead from the parking lot to the rooms need to be slightly more rolling luggage friendly (it is small gravel).

The meal at John Ash was wonderful - I highly recommend the deviled egg trio as a starter. It was one of those meals where everytime you take a bite you simply want to close your eyes and savor.

The morning we got up to check out I cut my head on the shower when I flipped my head forward to put my wet hair in a towel. This resulted in me needing to go to the ER for 9 stitches. I called the desk to let them know there was some blood in the bathroom (so housekeeping was prepared) and the desk agent was so worried about me, thoughful, and offered to all an ambulance.

My only disappointments were the diffuculty pulling luggage on the paths as I mentioned, and that when I emailed to see if I would be charged for the 2 towels I ruined when injured I never got a response. At a 5 star resort I would expect a response to every valid email.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2008

We got a fantastic deal on travelzoo.com and decided to book a couple of rooms with friends for an after-Christmas treat. Although located off of busy hwy 101, the inn and grounds are spectacular.

There is a main building housing the lobby, a sitting room with fireplace, and the most quaint, French country-style breakfast room. Separate buildings have clusters of rooms with either ground floor patios or upper balconies, some with beamed cathedral ceilings and fireplaces. All overlook either the central landscaped courtyard with a large fountain or acre after acre of grapes in the surrounding vineyard. We never heard the highway and never saw or heard the nearby (across the main road) power station. Rooms were rather large, very nicely equipped. We had turndown service with excellent cookies and half a bottle of the house wine from Ferrari Carano winery, which owns the inn. Our rooms had king beds, two large chairs and a table, a tv armoire, a desk and chair, a sofa, double sink area, large bath/shower bathroom, and still plenty of room left to really spread out.

Even if you don't plan to eat there, you must go see the John Ash restaurant. It's so quaint, full of character, and wonderfully appointed that you'll be taking picture after picture. In addition to the restaurant there is a wonderful, fun bar area (free appetizers every Wed evening for happy hour), beamed-cathedral ceilings, comfortable arm chairs and sofas, a fireplace, tapestries, and really charming architecture. The entire property makes you feel as if you are in Tuscany or a wonderful winery inn in Provence. Its old world charm is exactly what you would imagine finding in California's wine country.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SpencerLV
Reviewed 28 October 2007

Located near a main road, with an electrical substation nearby, I was initially worried about our stay. That left the moment we drove into the property. Larger that expected, the Vintners Inn has a separate resturant, conference center for business, a main house (where you eat breakfast) a couple of buildings with rooms and an attached vineyard. The property is well groomed and is situated far enough so that you do not know that there is a road and major highway nearby. The rooms are spacious and come with a large bed, nice dual sink bathroom and a big closet. My favorite was an early morning walk through the vineyard, grabbing a coffee and sitting at the veranda and having breakfast al fresco. The front desk staff was very helpful and even provided free tasting passes to their sister winemaker, Ferrari Carrano (I would recommend going to their site and visting the downstairs tasting room - outstanding). Overall, a great stay and great location to explore Sonoma County and north.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank RomanNole